Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Taskbar Size with normal icons (Large)  (Read 18875 times)
NewYears1978
Beginner

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2010, 06:52:12 am »

I was modifying a theme and got it all as I wanted in my taskbar..then I decided to use another theme as my base..but it had a large taskbar or apperance of so and I can't figure out to change it.

It looks like one theme had a 40px size and the other looks like there is padding around it so its 46px.

I searched but I cant find anything about large icon taskbars..

Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 07:11:13 am »

Last two values of the TaskItemButton's content margins.
NewYears1978
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 07:33:25 am »

That's what I thought but I cant understand hwo it works..also it isn't workign correctly..

I think the theme (Clear Sharp)had some other stylehacks in there thatmake the taskbar smaller and also allows the startbutton to expand over the taskbar..  How do the values work?  What else effects it..? 

ButI cant figure it out no matter what.. Sad
Got the taskbar PERFECT with that theme..however I can't reproduce it with any other theme/style..
NewYears1978
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 07:35:27 am »

FYI I changed those values but only the Task buttons are getting smaller..the actual taskbar is staying the same

It seems like ClearSharp VS has some mods that make the Taskbar smaller and they remove the space thats below the tasks icons/buttons in the taskbar..

I can't figure out how to remove these to make other VS looks like ClearSharp..Its got me really lost Sad
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 08:16:43 am by NewYears1978 » Logged
rajtheeban
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 09:06:56 am »

There are 2 differents  TaskItemButton
Panda X means this one: Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Basic > TaskBand (SmallIcons) > TaskItemButton
NewYears1978
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 09:55:39 am »

Im not using small icons taskbarthough..so changing that doesn't do anything.

Changing the other did but I still can't getthe effect I want.

If you look at the Theme ClearSharp youwill notice a smaller (40px) taskbar and the icons are perfectly centered vertically...then if you Try APPOWS2010 you'll see the Taskbar is about 46px and the icons are aligned on the top..no matter what I change I can't seem to get it right.
NewYears1978
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 06:53:54 am »

Huh?

If you look here at my Theme that I got how I wanted youcan see how I want it:

http://www.rememberingelvis.com/ClearSharpMod.rar

But I can't reproduce..the taskbar is always 46px high and there is a gap below the task buttons...

In the one above its 40px and therse no gap..I cannot reproduce this..its in the Clear Sharp VS

Would really like some help...thanks.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 07:17:22 am »

It was something you did because CLS Sharp doesn't have a 46px taskbar.

And what I tried to say before is that I didn't mean the small taskitembutton, but Opera Mini sucks so damn much I can't type in a box.
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 09:42:01 am »

it's an interaction between the Y-Axis Contentmargins in

Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Basic > TaskBand > BackgroundBottom

Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Basic > TaskBand > TaskItemButton

which makes the Taskband and Buttons higher or lower..
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 10:42:05 am »

I wish I could help you but I forget how to theme  Embarrassed
I should've documented everything I've done.  Mostly played around with values with a lot of testing here and there to get things to look right.
NewYears1978
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 06:49:17 pm »

it's an interaction between the Y-Axis Contentmargins in

Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Basic > TaskBand > BackgroundBottom

Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Basic > TaskBand > TaskItemButton

which makes the Taskband and Buttons higher or lower..

Hrm..I tried messing with those, my problem is I dont understand the purpose of the values so Its like blind changing and guessing.

The thing is I imported all those settinsg from my other theme and while all the images and everything worked the taskbar was still bigger..so there must be something else in the VS that is causing this..because I imported the same values for all of taskbar & system try into the other VS from my working VS Sad

I WAS able to make the itembuttons larger so they fit the whole taskbar..but I cant seem to make them smaller and then make the taskbar also smaller ...Grrr
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 06:53:10 pm by NewYears1978 » Logged
NewYears1978
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 07:16:48 pm »

I got the task buttons moving all around but no matter what the taskbar doesnt get smaller than 46px..is this due to the start button?  Do you have to use that hack whre it allows a smaller taskbar than the startbutton?
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 08:45:21 pm »

I got the task buttons moving all around but no matter what the taskbar doesnt get smaller than 46px..is this due to the start button?  Do you have to use that hack whre it allows a smaller taskbar than the startbutton?

reduce both contentmargins to x,x,0,0 then it must go smaller, i've testet it

the Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Basic > TaskBand > BackgroundBottom says how much space is between taskbar and buttons
the Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Basic > TaskBand > TaskItemButton says how much space is between icon inside the button and buttonframe..

when both values are 0,0 it must be at minimal space possible..
NewYears1978
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 01:02:08 am »

reduce both contentmargins to x,x,0,0 then it must go smaller, i've testet it

the Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Basic > TaskBand > BackgroundBottom says how much space is between taskbar and buttons
the Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Basic > TaskBand > TaskItemButton says how much space is between icon inside the button and buttonframe..

when both values are 0,0 it must be at minimal space possible..

This was the right answer, which helped me determine that something else was wrong because it wouldn't go larger than my start button.  Not sure how but I messed up something somewhere else (maybe in default Aero?) that was causing this.  I couldn't find the problem so I reinstalled Windows and the problem is solved.

Now with this reinstalled and the above help I should be able to get what I want!  In theory Smiley  Thanks all for help.

Just wish I knew what I did before so it doesn't happen again.  The way I knew there was a problem was because I checked my friends Win7 install and hsi taskbar with Aero the icons were always centered on the taskbar and when you switch to small cions they stay centered and the start button was then larger than the taskbar.  On Min the icons were always at the top of the taskbar and the taskbar was nver larger than the startr button..so I messed osmething up somewhere..wish I knew what though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: