Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's new?  (Read 7725 times)
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« on: February 01, 2010, 08:14:30 am »

Hi,

I've been juggling school, and working for clients and other personal projects on the weekend so I have no time for VSB. Sad
I haven't even opened VSB yet -- I think I reinstalled it in December.

I really want to get back to theming.  But besides lack of time, there is one large demotivator for me (you would think it wouldn't matter but I waste my precious time on it, and even more on Windows 7 considering how many elements are of transparent nature like the taskbar buttons and their different orientations).  What annoyed me?

- Transparent gradients are often darker and come out with gradient bands when imported fresh from Photoshop -- has this been fixed yet?  I waste a lot of time opening Paint.net and adding alpha channeling and converting it with a program to where VSB can see it and accept it.  It really is a pain in the ass for many of us pixel perfectionists (at least within the limitations of Windows theming >_>).

Also, has there been any news of further 'hacking' with DuiXML?  Has the animations been fixed?  Perhaps some new styling or properties that can add the engraved look in areas dictated by DuiXML?  Has anyone found a way to unlink the Grouped text in explorer with one of the global properties?

So many questions, so little time.  Cry
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 09:06:59 am »

for your -well known- problem with transparent gradients i highly recommend MS Expression Design 3.

Check the 60day Trial..

it's all vectorized here (which is at last a great advantage), the exported images have smooth gradients.

For UI design it is much better than photoshop (which is still needed for some parts, e.g. for cutting images an some recolouring etc)
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 10:20:38 am »

Gradient bug still exists in WSB. I haven't been working in DirectUI in forever. What's this grouped text you speak of?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: