Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Add resource links  (Read 9158 times)
splxtreme
Beginner

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2010, 07:04:59 pm »

Hopefully I can explain this right, but is it possible to say, add an image with reshacker and have it show up somewhere in VSB? I would like to try a couple things with my theme that references images in the msstyle, and don't want to use bmp's in the shellstyle. Basically, I would like to add something under say, Explorer & Shell \ Explorer and add a new item called images or something. Is this possible?
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 03:48:22 pm »

Hopefully I can explain this right, but is it possible to say, add an image with reshacker and have it show up somewhere in VSB? I would like to try a couple things with my theme that references images in the msstyle, and don't want to use bmp's in the shellstyle. Basically, I would like to add something under say, Explorer & Shell \ Explorer and add a new item called images or something. Is this possible?

Yes this is possible... but not by Reshacker, only by VSB

you have to trace the pane background in shellstyle.dll > 1.txt to a unused part (for example PreviewPaneControl) in msstyle and put a graphic in it via VSB.
Even fonts, fontcolors etc are possible..

i recommend the DirectUIXML notes from panda here in the forum or take a look in my Firedance Vista themes on dA
(there are the panes in msstyle and the shellstyle takes them out from there by following syntax: background=themeable(dtb("part in the msstyle", 0, 3801)) etc,etc plz take a closer look

it also works on 7..
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 03:49:53 pm by sunbeam2000 » Logged
splxtreme
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 07:51:57 pm »

OK, I got close, but I'm not sure what to put into the shellstyle. I'll attach a screenshot of what is in VSB, and hopefully you can tell me what to put in the shellstyle. I was able to get the picture to come up blank, so I just have something pointing to the wrong location. Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 07:59:21 pm by splxtreme » Logged
splxtreme
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 08:30:03 pm »

Thank you so much. I figured it out! Yeah!
splxtreme
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 09:20:41 pm »

ok, maybe I don't have it. I was able to change the background in music, then i tried pictures, and then it messed it up. Trying to do the longhorn style background in the previewpane, but not going so well. What I originally wanted to do, is add additional numbers under previewpane. right now it is 1>1, 1>2, 2, 3 ect. I wanted to add something like 1>3, and 1>4. Not sure if this is possible. I did it just like you did in your theme sort of, the shellstyle for vista is different, so I'm not sure if I did it right. Basically this is what i did....

<if id="atom(PreviewShineLayer)"> <TemplateBackground background="themeable(dtb(MusicPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 3, 1), window)" /> </if> <if Vertical="true" id="atom(PreviewShineLayer)"> <TemplateBackground background="themeable(dtb(PreviewPane, 1, 2), window)" /></if>

</style>

I'm probably doing something wrong, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 09:09:46 am »

<if id="atom(PreviewShineLayer)"> <TemplateBackground background="themeable(dtb(MusicPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 3, 1), window)" /> </if> <if Vertical="true" id="atom(PreviewShineLayer)"> <TemplateBackground background="themeable(dtb(PreviewPane, 1, 2), window)" /></if>

</style>

I'm probably doing something wrong, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Great! i see, you did it right, so you only have to find the right passages in the shellstyle txt for documents, generic, music, photo.
the only thing i can recommend is, not to put it in the shinelayer, but in the background (in 7 its directly before the shinelayer with background="(ARGB(0,0,0,0))"
so you can still use a transparent shinelayer over the pane (if you don't want to, then place in the shinelayer (previewpane,1,1) a clear image, but the shellstyle is edited once, and later you can change your Style by using only in VSB..

when the shellstyle.dll once works correctly, place a copy in appdata/roaming/temp/shell (or similar, the temp folder is somewhere in appdata), so you can test your theme directly in vsb. vsb uses a standard shellstyle in test mode.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: