Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you confirm this mistake?  (Read 7538 times)
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« on: November 28, 2008, 10:53:31 am »

Hi,

UK.Intel's guide (here) has been helpful except that section 3.9 hex addresses doesn't change a thing for me.

This is the hex tip that's supposed to change the mouse over color...

IE Toolbar Text (Mouse Over),    Address:  0x183F8,    Original Hex Code:  00 00 00 (modify and add your own color hex code)

I overwrote the original hex code with FF 00 00, FF FF FF, etc. and the mouse over text does not change at all.  All the other hex changes have been successful so far.  Does VSB alter normal.res?

And can anyone confirm that changing this hex code does nothing?

Thanks!
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 06:27:18 pm »

Quote from: "psygn"
Hi,

UK.Intel's guide (here) has been helpful except that section 3.9 hex addresses doesn't change a thing for me.

This is the hex tip that's supposed to change the mouse over color...

IE Toolbar Text (Mouse Over),    Address:  0x183F8,    Original Hex Code:  00 00 00 (modify and add your own color hex code)

I overwrote the original hex code with FF 00 00, FF FF FF, etc. and the mouse over text does not change at all.  All the other hex changes have been successful so far.  Does VSB alter normal.res?

And can anyone confirm that changing this hex code does nothing?

Thanks!
VSB does alter the variant. The original HEX address the UK.Intel has in his guide is correct for the default variant.
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 06:41:44 am »

Ah, I see.  Do you know where this option is in VSB?  Or how I can find it in normal.res?

Thanks  :)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: