Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reduce space on top of Start Menu  (Read 14025 times)
sweatyfish
Beginner

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2008, 03:14:05 am »

I know there are style hacks that expand the top left hand side to match the top right hand side, but there is still the blank area above the start menu.

I'm trying to pretty much get rid of the dead space on top of the start menu while having the items on the left and right line up with each other. ( I'm trying to keep things "stocken blocken")

Here's a screenshot showing what I mean.

Any ideas?

Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 06:08:52 am »

Start > StartMenu > Panels > Aero > Bottom > UserPane

Should be.
sweatyfish
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 06:30:45 am »

Okay, I disabled User Pic and chose the 34px border on the top stylehack to get it working.

It decreased the space on the right.

Any ideas how to shrink these two spaces?

idas
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 11:43:12 am »

Quote from: "sweatyfish"
Okay, I disabled User Pic and chose the 34px border on the top stylehack to get it working.

It decreased the space on the right.

Any ideas how to shrink these two spaces?

1. perchaps you have to change the content margins of Poglist on basic, set them forexample from 9, 2, 11, 0  to 9, 2, 3, 0 .

2. i have not done the experiment to use as a true size image the places list.
 Anyway, the vertical distance is changing otherwise when you do right clik to your takbar, properties, start menu, customize, number of recent progrms to display ---> if you choose a small number, vertical area 2 would be smaller.

--------------------
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 11:40:41 pm by idas » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 07:47:59 pm »

My post went away.

Content Margins in Start > StartMenu > Panels > Basic > ProgramsList
sweatyfish
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 01:00:21 am »

Thanks guys. Will try them out later :)
iffy525
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 02:26:48 am »

I don't know about sweatyfish, but I can't get this to work.  I set the top content margin to 0 but all that did was allow the link icon to overflow into the top of the start menu, making it look ugly.  The empty space on the right was still there.
sweatyfish
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 06:13:57 am »

You need to edit the image associated with the left pane and "draw" the white portion higher. I would say, but I'm on a different OS right now and I'm sure you could find it.
iffy525
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 07:15:41 am »

There's still about 30px left of space, but for the most part it worked well.  I'm glad there's a forum!
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 01:52:46 pm »

Hey guys, can you confirm whether or not part of the Start menu is not aligned properly when you move the taskbar to the top? I have modded mine to how I want it, but it breaks when I move the taskbar to the top. I'm afraid I implemented it incorrectly. I should add there's also a gap there now, which is to be expected as I redrew the top part of the menu withtransparency.  Is there another method that gets rid of the gap?

Thanks!
satukoro
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 05:22:06 pm »

You can fix the space at the bottom of 'places list' by shortening the height of 'places list'
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: