Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About piracy  (Read 11300 times)
Vzdorjii
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2009, 05:59:43 pm »

Hi all.

First of all, excuse my pore english.
I did not really know where to post it.
I wanted to warn the owner about piracy. I had ( i think ) a pirate version of Vista Style Builder.
I made a training course in a company, and i met someone who sold me an old portable computer. I found Vista Style Builder in a folder, with some other things, before erasing the hard drive. I heard about it on Deviant Art but never used. I installed it on my computer to test the app. I had some bugs with trying many changes, and i did not understand how it works, so i uninstalled. Then i saw the 1.5 release, and wondered if i could receive the download link on my email, or on the seller mailbox then he could give to me. I mailed Andreas Verhoeven. I also mailed the guy who sold me the computer and he answered me he had VSB from a friend and that he thinks he did not buy it. He also never installed it in fact. That's why i did suppose this version i had is a pirate one, coming from internet or somewhere else i don't know...
I think that the users on this forum purchased VSB legaly, but i wanted to warn Andreas. I think there's a large difference between hacking an Adobe product, than a student work costing only 17€.

Anyway, i do not have much time to start a new VS, but i think i'll  purchase Win7 Style builder if i decide to start it  Wink.

Greatings
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 09:55:09 pm »

Which e-mailaddress did you use to activate VSB?
Vzdorjii
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 10:41:26 pm »

Email adress and license key was already written when i launch the setup. Don't even remember but it was not french. The license key was very long, about 50 characters. Are your license key so long ? never seen that.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 10:58:47 pm »

Email adress and license key was already written when i launch the setup. Don't even remember but it was not french. The license key was very long, about 50 characters. Are your license key so long ? never seen that.

65 to be exact.
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 11:04:31 pm »

Hmm strange, the installer had the user/serial embedded into it?
bhast2
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 02:12:15 am »

not cool someone hacking this great app and it doesn't even cost that much
shame shame
Vzdorjii
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 06:47:27 am »

Nvm, it was bugging (correct word ?), and too hard to understand. Comments are good about 1.5, i'll buy it next month. Awesome work you made Ave.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: