Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: add background image in explorer?  (Read 18023 times)
invaderjohn
Beginner

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2008, 01:11:45 am »

is there any possible way to add an image to explorer windows? like

so that the little text image follows the size of the window.. so that it doesnt dissapear just ciz the window gets smaller or bigger?
sweatyfish
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 01:44:35 am »

That would be a great mod.
invaderjohn
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 02:14:52 am »

it would, wouldnt it ? ^^  i rly hope its doable.

and i was wondering.. where can u change the position of the tray and taskbar text/icons?

cuz i use a rly small taskbar and the tray icons is a lil to much far down.

and would be great to know eher to change the position of the taskbar text and icons aswell
sweatyfish
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 03:00:25 am »

On PsycoB's latest style he noted in the description how to center the icons on a 22px taskbar through hex. Luckily, I did that manually before I saved it in VSB. I'm not sure what it adjusts or how to translate it in VSB.

As far as the text shift on the taskbar, it only becomes off center on the active/pressed button. I'm guessing it's hardcoded because I don't think anyone ever figured it out in XP either.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 03:57:47 am »

Quote from: "sweatyfish"
On PsycoB's latest style he noted in the description how to center the icons on a 22px taskbar through hex. Luckily, I did that manually before I saved it in VSB. I'm not sure what it adjusts or how to translate it in VSB.

As far as the text shift on the taskbar, it only becomes off center on the active/pressed button. I'm guessing it's hardcoded because I don't think anyone ever figured it out in XP either.
I'm on it. Booting into Vista to trace it.
invaderjohn
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 04:24:19 am »

Quote from: "Panda X"
On PsycoB's latest style he noted in the description how to center the icons on a 22px taskbar through hex. Luckily.....
I'm on it. Booting into Vista to trace it.

awesome :) il hope u find out how to do it.. since im not that pro in VSB yet i dont like to add strings i dont know..
maybe u have to tweak it that way some how?

and about the background image? is it possible?
iffy525
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 04:28:35 am »

Yeah I tried to do it on the VS I'm working on right now and I couldn't find it.  There was no 04 where it was supposed to be. :(
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 05:06:50 am »

Couldn't find it. I tried tracing it with his style and so much was different, I didn't know what was going on. I tried to do it manually but each time I did it the theme became corrupt Huh?
invaderjohn
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 05:17:34 am »

Quote from: "Panda X"
Couldn't find it. I tried tracing it with his style and so much was different, I didn't know what was going on. I tried to do it manually but each time I did it the theme became corrupt Huh?

thats bad news :/
well i bet i can do it in VSB? only thing u need to know is how..

and again.. the explorer background image? is it possible?
ive heard someone told me u could do it trhough the shellstyle and in VSB i found a backrgound option in expolrer & shell>shell>previewpanecontrol and there is background options in the sub cats, but dunno if that has to do with the backrgounds in explorer? i know ave has an application to add backrgound images, but i dont think u can add on that follows the explorer window
drakkar1969
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 06:50:24 am »

the hex address used by PsycoB to center the tray icons corresponds to Taskbar & Tray Notify > Taskbar > Basic > TaskBar in VSB. Reduce the value of the HEIGHT property to move the tray icons up
invaderjohn
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 05:31:54 pm »

Quote from: "drakkar1969"
the hex address used by PsycoB to center the tray icons corresponds to Taskbar & Tray Notify > Taskbar > Basic > TaskBar in VSB. Reduce the value of the HEIGHT property to move the tray icons up

thx alot bud :) it works great! awesome

i allways had probbs on my vs on the tray area cuz i allways use 22 pxl taskbar
yay1974
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 08:26:43 pm »

thank u very much , thank u very much to invaderjohn for the question too :)
shepherd_h
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 10:51:32 am »

and again.. the explorer background image? is it possible?

Yes, you can do it via shellstyle. In shellstyle's UIFile you can find styles for ech type of maps (document, photo, music, etc.) You should edit <if id="atom(listview)"> or <if id="atom(clientviewhost)"> sections (sorry, I don't remember exactly) and the background property should call the dtb(resbmp(...)) functionpair. You should add the desired images as new resource to the dll and with dtb()
you can load them.

If you define separate images for ech map types then they will load dynamically navigating between maps and user can recognize what type of map is opened currently.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 12:57:25 pm »

Yes, you can do it via shellstyle. In shellstyle's UIFile you can find styles for ech type of maps (document, photo, music, etc.) You should edit <if id="atom(listview)"> or <if id="atom(clientviewhost)"> sections (sorry, I don't remember exactly) and the background property should call the dtb(resbmp(...)) functionpair. You should add the desired images as new resource to the dll and with dtb()
you can load them.

If you define separate images for ech map types then they will load dynamically navigating between maps and user can recognize what type of map is opened currently.

It'd be better to use dtb() and link it to the MSStyles that way you can use sizing margins. In other words, yes it's possible.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: