Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: remove left right border completley  (Read 11767 times)
invaderjohn
Beginner

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2008, 02:36:07 pm »

is there anyway to remove the right and left border completley in a vs?
ive seen that alot in windowblinds but never in a vs.
i can only like make the padding border to 0 but it is still a small border.

and in some skins it would look so much better just to remove them.

and can u make the bottom border bigger even though the leaft and right border is that thin?
geoken
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 03:26:57 pm »

After you make the border 0 can't you just put in a blank image? Then adjust the top and bottom image to compensate?
invaderjohn
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 12:35:26 am »

no it doesn't work.. ive already tried it since vista uses blur on all aero transparent parts (which i also don't want ><)
so if i make that bars transparent they just become blurry. ive seen a cupple of themes where ppl do that but it doesn't look that good.

also.. is there any way to make the close button to use a smaller caption size? so that u can make the minimize and maximize buttons closer to the right?
idas
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 10:21:56 am »

Quote from: "invaderjohn"
no it doesn't work.. ive already tried it since vista uses blur on all aero transparent parts (which i also don't want ><)
so if i make that bars transparent they just become blurry. ive seen a cupple of themes where ppl do that but it doesn't look that good.

also.. is there any way to make the close button to use a smaller caption size? so that u can make the minimize and maximize buttons closer to the right?

not in aero [not possible having closer and having smaller distance between the close, minimize and maximize buttons, since now, as it is hard coded.must be found the code condition first.then it would be possible ]

u can do 2 different things  for the size blur when deleting size images.[for aero only this]

1. in the place where you had the pixels of the image you  could add gray/black shadow, like that exist around the normal aero microsoft style[i have done this eperiment and i lent it and you see it on patrickgs transformation  pack vista osx 09 visual style i constructed] or

2. the method i usually use on my visual styles [on those that having noborder size] is leaving the blur on sides exist, but i change the values on : right clik to your desktop, select Personalise.
then select first (1) choice 'Window Color and Appearance'. Select enable transparency.
then select on 'color intencity' slider button to the start (full to the left), so there will be with no color as possible.
then select 'SHOW COLOR MIXER' , select second (2) slider 'saturation' button ( full to the left), so there will be with no color as possible.
select the third (3) slider button 'Brightness' (near the middle, or between midle and right, depending from the color of the background wallpaper you use it) so there will be invisible as possible the borders of the windows of the current ' no border style' visual style.
then i use freeware program  YzShadow   http://http://www.osx-e.com/downloads/utilities/yzshadow.html .(my oppinion for working correct is to use it on vista as compatible with windows xp, via right click on YzShadow properties/copatibilities/ run this program in compatibiity mode, select windows xp), for having shadows on sides and bottom, set the right settings and it will work nice.
------------

see my gallery http://http://zeusosx.deviantart.com/gallery/
invaderjohn
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 01:58:50 pm »

oh yeah thx alot bud Smiley

im glad u took ur time to explain
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: