Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to move the userpic of Start menu?  (Read 11536 times)
rajtheeban
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« on: August 06, 2009, 04:43:11 pm »

Hi

I know for example 3DUserpic is able to do it, with some modifications in setting file, but i would like to know if it is possible to move this userpic, to left, from VSB ? I almost achieved my second visual style, and this information can change all my start menu....

we can delete it, but to move it? what must I do?

K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 06:30:25 pm »

I don't think it is possible to move it horizontally.  I have tried to do it, but I can only move it up and down, but it won't move left and right.  I think what 3DUserpic program does is disable the userpic and the program draws its own frame there, and draws your userpic after doing a transformation to it. I'm sure it is independent of the MSSTYLES so you move it freely Sad
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 06:59:24 pm »

I don't think it is possible to move it horizontally.  I have tried to do it, but I can only move it up and down, but it won't move left and right.  I think what 3DUserpic program does is disable the userpic and the program draws its own frame there, and draws your userpic after doing a transformation to it. I'm sure it is independent of the MSSTYLES so you move it freely Sad
I think 3dUserPic modifies it. If you have it disabled in the mssstyles then 3dUserPic doesn't do anything.
satukoro
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 11:40:08 pm »

I've achieved a horizontal move, but only partially. It appears to stay in the center of the Places list. This leads to using transparency to fake the position of the user picture, etc.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 11:57:56 pm »

I've achieved a horizontal move, but only partially. It appears to stay in the center of the Places list. This leads to using transparency to fake the position of the user picture, etc.
Got a screen?
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 12:05:03 am »

I think 3dUserPic modifies it. If you have it disabled in the mssstyles then 3dUserPic doesn't do anything.

That's interesting.  Perhaps Ave can shed some light here.  Wasn't he the one who created it?  Although if he is selling it commercially then I can understand if he wants to keep it a secret.  I haven't used the program yet, but I vaguely remember seeing the application on a list of apps by Ave.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 12:35:17 am »

http://aveapps.com
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 12:38:02 am »

I've made the source code of 3D User Pic available for free, so no secrets here Smiley. 3D User Pic simply moves the user picture "frame" (window) by loading a piece of code into explorer.exe at runtime. That piece of code actually moves the user picture frame at runtime.

I have no idea if it is possible to move the user picture by modifying properties in the MsStyles file - I think MS programmers coded it to be centered with respect to the places list. Although, the RECT property might have some influence here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: