Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: longhorn style hacks for windows 7  (Read 23353 times)
Buster67
Beginner

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2009, 11:31:25 am »

longhorn style hacks for windows 7

some style hacks for  w7 including the back and forward buttons,Band height,search & address bar .

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/262080766/Longhorn_StyleHacks_for_w7.rar

[
Legacy-Code
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 06:22:15 pm »

I know its an old post , but has anyone one got any tips how i can apply this please ? Looks cool  Cheesy
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 06:41:10 pm »

Download it. Extract it. Some of it like the nav buttons got to be ExplorerFrame.dll. No way, as far as I know, to implement this through WSB.

Drag and drop it into your Program Files/ Aves Apps / Windows Stylebuilder / Stylehacks folder.

Open WSB, click Stylehacks. It should be in there. Click it and use it. Save and you are finished.

Be sure you want it. There's no way to delete it except by changing everything back manually.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 07:00:02 pm by 3am » Logged
Legacy-Code
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 07:54:20 pm »

Ok cool simple as that ? Can i somehow see what the actual stylehack does ? By that i mean can i see what files are manipulated in WSB, be cool to learn how to do it manually and also to change things as well in the event of something going wrong. Im maybe jumping running before i can walk , but how would i write a stylehack and share it ?

WSB is a cool Application , wish i got this years ago   Cheesy

3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 08:19:24 pm »

Some warnings: Almost ALL of the stylehacks are for Vista still and DON"T WORK in Win7. Only use the ones that specifically say Win7 on them
                      If you get a message asking if you want to accept the images that go with it click no or you'll get a bunch of junk you don't want

No, you can't see what the author did in WSB. You only see the results.

I never made one but maybe this:  http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=37.0 will help.

The one you're looking at should do everything but the nav buttons. It's a rar so probably includes a readme.txt I'd imagine explaining this.

Yeah WSB is a fantastic app. I love it. Smiley
Legacy-Code
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 09:04:55 pm »

Yeah the Nav buttons are displayed under the default ones, I was going to try and sort it out in ExplorerFrame  , but i will take your advice and leave it alone  Cheesy   Maybe i can find some resources to exchange via Restorator ?

I did notice most default SH's  don't work, had to download one from devART to remove my user pic . Its a pity you cant see what someone has done , be a really good way to learn as im sure you will agree its a steep learning curve.

Never did use Longhorn , still see some mods for it on my journeys on the interwebz , Looks cool without a doubt. 
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 09:21:25 pm »

Yeah the Nav buttons are displayed under the default ones, I was going to try and sort it out in ExplorerFrame  , but i will take your advice and leave it alone  Cheesy   Maybe i can find some resources to exchange via Restorator ?

I did notice most default SH's  don't work, had to download one from devART to remove my user pic . Its a pity you cant see what someone has done , be a really good way to learn as im sure you will agree its a steep learning curve.

Never did use Longhorn , still see some mods for it on my journeys on the interwebz , Looks cool without a doubt. 

I put the codes in the comments on the User Pic Remover.
Legacy-Code
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 10:44:12 pm »

Where abouts are the comments please ? All i can see is this .Only been using this for a day and im very much a noob Cheesy .

3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 10:51:00 pm »

This is the one you want (works great in 7):  http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=810.0
Legacy-Code
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 10:56:56 pm »

Ahhh Sorry i misread the Panda X post ...Thank you  3am.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: