Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tutorials  (Read 9513 times)
Buster67
Beginner

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2009, 11:01:38 am »

would it be possible to have some tutorials to follow ?

There are some experienced users with VSB and it would be great if there were some tutorials to follow.

Wink

[
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 06:46:15 pm »

There are no tutorials, yet. Sad  Took me a few weeks to come to grips with VSB.
I had to constantly PM and send messages to experienced VSB users and themers.

The learning curve can be pretty steep with no help, I'd say if you keep experimenting with it and open other themes and observe how they did something, you will learn pretty quick.  And the forum is open to questions, too, that most likely someone would be able to answer, so ask away!

The closest we have to a tutorial would be the VSB wiki, but unfortunately not much has been added due to most of us busy with our own themes and such.
There are a plethora of information scattered on this forum, but it's a disorganized mess.  Search is a hit and miss.

Perhaps someone will be able to organize it someday, until then, hang on and keep at it Smiley
Buster67
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 07:12:13 pm »

i totally agree that the site is a total mess .

Also you would have thought that after paying for this great bit of kit that there would have been some kind help documentation.

Thats why i feel that there should be some kind of tutorials .

Smiley

[
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 08:44:37 pm »

I hear ya, it is a powerful tool but you can't help but feel powerless and lost at first without the proper documentation available.  Good thing this forum exists  Tongue  Most of my time spent in theming was experimenting with the properties, observing implementations from other themes, and a large slice of that time went to trying to remember where some part of the theme was listed under.  Eventually it will become second nature but it is a daunting task at first.  VSB originally didn't have a search function, if I remember correctly.  I'm glad Ave added that -- it is VERY helpful.
tytynono
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 11:57:11 am »

i totally agree that the site is a total mess .

Also you would have thought that after paying for this great bit of kit that there would have been some kind help documentation.

Thats why i feel that there should be some kind of tutorials .

Smiley
Quite agree with you, when you buy something there is always an instruction manual.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: