Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Image importing greyer than it should be?  (Read 9437 times)
Eoin
Beginner

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2009, 12:57:19 am »

Not sure how to describe this. Trying to work on a Win7 style here. If you download the this archive, http://7z.vc/VSBWin7.7z there are three files; 3 PNGs and a GIMP XCF.  This problem is occurring on v 1.4

Two of the PNGs are very similar, in fact the left column on both is identical as I copied and pasted it trying to track down the problem. When when these two images are imported in to replace the Start menu Programs and Programs extend panels one of them imports significiantly grayer than the other. Trying to load both in else where, I randomly tried as a window frame, both import at the proper hue. I also tried switch the order in the start menu panels, i.e. I loaded the expanded graphic as the nonexpanded panel and vice-versa and again the same image appeared grayer.

So the second test would suggest the problem is tied to the image file, yet that the problem doesn't manifest when tried at another random location is baffling.

The included problem.png explains better than my words. The image in the bottom right screenshot is clearly greyer than the top right though both imported images are identical.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 02:24:56 am »

It's to fix the transparency issue when Windows renders it. To bypass the fix hold shift when you click import.
Eoin
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 04:06:23 am »

Indeed that works, thank you very much Panda X. Smiley

It be interesting in the future to hear whats going on behind the scenes there. Of course for now I'm happy to be able to continue my work Smiley
Eoin
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 03:46:54 pm »

Actually an addition which could be useful is a alternate key press to force the transparency fix for cases where it issn't applied. That would be of both worlds. Wink
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 09:33:43 pm »

Actually an addition which could be useful is a alternate key press to force the transparency fix for cases where it issn't applied. That would be of both worlds. Wink
It's forced everywhere except in DWM Window because it renders differently.
Eoin
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 10:11:01 pm »

Well that makes sense, certainly things look better when the fix is applied, but in my example screenshots above the bottom left shot shows an image with the fix not being applied, or at least not taking affect even if it's imported into the same element as the bottom right image where the fix is applied to other PNGs.
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 11:07:03 am »

I've experienced this Shift-Hold trick, too,

but when importing Images concerning the Start-Menu-Panels, they are still rerendered (but otherwise).

The only thing, that really works here, is changing the the images by Restorator2007 again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: