Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: suggestions for vistastylebuilder  (Read 22033 times)
besnath
Beginner

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2008, 11:13:50 am »

hi all,
first congratulations for your work and the work of the longhornfusion team.the possibilities of this app are very strong and i think in the futur the visual style are more evolued.
so, i have a suggestion for this app, when this app will be translate in french, it's the only reason for don't pay for me.
And i can say to reading some threads in the french forum who speak of this app that many frenchies wants this app but the problem is the language.
in a near future that will be realisable?
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 01:54:38 pm »

We are looking into translations, can't give a date yet tho.
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 06:18:52 pm »

Update: We only need translators now, the application is fully supporting localization at this point.
Ludacris
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 07:05:07 pm »

Hey ave, Panda sent me the link to this topic, I'd volunteer to translate it to german
sweatyfish
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 02:27:00 am »

I don't want to start another topic for suggestions, so I'll just post them here as I go along and learn the program.

I just have one right now. (still learning this great tool)

Doing styles the old way (restorator or pe explorer) I have gotten used to viewing the images in a list that I am able to scroll down and find the right one.

I noticed that all the images are in submenus of menus, ect. (which, in itself, is a task to learn what they all mean). It would be nice to have a way to show all the images of the msstyle in one menu.

Not a necessity, because after time the menus and subs will be learnt, but having a list of images would help styling go alot faster for some.
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 02:36:13 am »

We've had that suggestion before, and it's just of solving some issues with things like:
  • VSB changes the image resource numbers for technical reasons, so you can't use those, unfortunately.
  • How to integrate it in the current UI

A list of images can already be generated easily tho, just follow these steps:
  • Click the dropdown next to the search bar and select Values
  • In the search bar, type IMAGE
  • You'll now have a collapsed list of all elements using an image
sweatyfish
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 02:46:56 am »

Yes, that's almost exactly how I was thinking. That solves my suggestion  :D
besnath
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 01:31:42 pm »

Quote from: "AndreasV"
Update: We only need translators now, the application is fully supporting localization at this point.
so, if you want give me all texts to translate in a .txt and i translate into french.
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 11:56:13 am »

some suggestions:

VSB 1.1.0 doesn't allow overwrite a style in savemenu anymore, the changed style must be renamed..

shellstyle.dll support (font change etc..) would be great.. and the best with working test mode..
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 01:16:47 pm »

and could it be, that there is a "button" bug?

the buttons don't pulse anymore, and sometimes inactive buttons, which become active (for example, when download is finshed) don't change
Hades32
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 02:09:00 pm »

The main reason for me to buy VSB was that I very often find very nice styles that of only one ore two things that totally ruin EVERYTHING (e.g. Why needs a nice Vista theme an apple as the start button???).

This leads me to my new feature request:
Quite often the only thing I want to change (especially if it's an imported XP theme) is the transparency of some images. (e.g. in the window caption)
It would be very nice if VSB had this as an inbuilt function, so I don't have to edit this pictures in an external program...
Anemovatis
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2008, 10:59:53 pm »

I already love this program. Great work!

I would like to suggest something that is kinda all ready talked about.

-Ability to view an example/screenshot of the element/image you are going to change using as an example the default AERO.

This can be done by making a tooltip to pop-up with a screenshot on it. A cropped area of the desktop and the element somehow highlighted will be shown on the screenshot. This feature should cover only the difficult to see elements, such as tiny images or weird images that only tiled or stretched have a meaning. There is no need for the common and easy to find elements such as the start button, buttons, frames.

Those screenshots will really speed up the development of a theme.

Thanks. :)
mdtauk
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 09:26:21 pm »

How far does the application go into editing the shellstyle.dll and the theme files associated with the msstyles?

We should have some way to edit these two files from within vista style builder.

Also screenshots showing the elements as they are in Aero Default, as it can be hard to see what these little 5px images turn out like or where they are used.  Each element should have an example screen showing what it is and how it looks by default.
satukoro
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 10:49:28 pm »

I can do Italian if you'd like.
mdtauk
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 04:25:35 am »

Is it possible to add a button to display the Controls Test Dialog at all times, also a button or option to delete the unused temporary files.  I have found when my temp folder gets full I am unable to edit images, and I have to go into disk cleanup and go through all that.  An inbuilt cleanup option would be welcome...
besnath
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 08:40:14 pm »

up up ave can you tell me a date for a french version ? or in another life  Shocked
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: