Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannor boot after replacing colom header  (Read 10009 times)
Peet
Beginner

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2009, 10:51:40 pm »

Hi,

I imported a modified header picture into my theme and if I test it it looks good. If I reboot I can't log in anymore, I get the logon screen (I normally do not see that), press my picture, screen get black and the logon screen show up again, and again.............. again..

I exported the original picture, worked on it and imported it again.

Any clue anyone?

Peter
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 10:53:24 pm »

That's not possible. (Or at least from the msstyles it's not)

This usually happens when authui.dll is messed up. Have you modified it?
Peet
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 12:08:44 am »

Smiley it happens. I have not modified the file you mention (don't even know what that is). If I startup in save mode and replace the .msstyles with it's original then I am back in business. But that is not what I got VistaStyleBuilder for...

Peter
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 12:12:55 am »

which item do you modify specifically?
Peet
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 12:37:11 am »

That are:
Header_[default]
and
Header_HeaderItem

Peter
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 12:29:09 am »

I'm having a hard time to reproduce this issue . Which uxtheme patcher are you using and what are your system details?
Peet
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 09:17:31 am »

Vistaglazz, AMD Phenom X3, 3 gb, Nvidea 9100

I am editing another theme right now, so maybe it's the msstyles file.... have not tried the same thing yet but don't waste your time ona weird thing like this. I hoped someone would say right away "thats this solution" Thanks anyway!
BillyBuerger
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 10:37:40 pm »

I was having the same issue with some theme's I was trying.  Had to log in as admin (which didn't have any specific theme set so used the windows default), unpatch the files and reboot before I could log back in again.  I don't have any specifics of what I was doing with my theme.  But checking the event viewer showed that something was crashing during login which is why it wouldn't log me in and kicked me back to the login page.  I've been using ~psycoB's StyleSelector since then as that applies the theme after login.  That and I haven't been doing much with my themes lately.  But I've also been having issues with StyleSelector on my work PC where I was getting kicked out of my remote desktop when it tried logging in.  Had all sorts of weird things in my event viewer from that.  So I've stopped using StyleSelector at work.  Hopefully the AveStyler I just bought will work better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: