Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Replacing and Numbering of Images  (Read 3725 times)
malvinas2
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« on: January 28, 2021, 01:43:05 am »

How do I replace an image correctly? Is it sufficient just to import the new image using the "Import" button or should I delete the IMAGEFILE property (cyan blue rectangle in the attached image) and when creating a new IMAGEFILE property import the new image?

Does the numbering of the images follow a certain scheme or are they assigned arbitrarily?

Why does the imagefile shown in the inherited properties link to a different image? Does this make sense? If it really is a second image, how can I find where it is defined?

Is it possible that at two completely different locations within the visual style the same image nr. appears? Does this number in each case refer to the same image, in a manner that when replacing the image at one place it is 'automatically' replaced at other places which refer to the same image nr.?

« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 01:47:40 am by malvinas2 » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 02:16:26 am »

It's only necessary to import an image to replace another image.

IMAGEFILE is only used when you are adding an image where there wasn't one originally.

I THINK the image numbers are arbitrary. They change after saving a msstyle in WSB

I don't think images are inherited like other properties. In this case Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ListView > ListItem >

SelectedNotFocus does not inherit the Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ListView > ListItem > SelectedNotFocus image even though it's included under

Inherited Properties. I don't know why it's there. You can't have two images in the same place of course.
malvinas2
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 07:27:48 pm »

Thank you 3am !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: