Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to themebuilding, how to disable caption text glow?  (Read 4345 times)
frasurbane
Beginner

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2020, 01:05:56 am »

I got WSB a few months back and played around for a bit. But I've been stuck at this part ever since and to this day I don't know how to fix it

https://imgur.com/a/WW0rSmm

I'm trying to make it so that the background 'glow' text is the same color as the rest of the titlebar (I'm using a custom placeholder image), I would like to remove the glow completely. I've looked everywhere but no tutorial works. Am on ver 1909.

For example one tutorial suggested I go to "Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Details > Glows > Text > Image" but it's not there. In its place is "Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Details > Glows > Caption Text"

I was also told that "If you want a custom titlebar color/image change all the values from <1> to <4> and set the Opacity and Colorization Opacity to 0, if you want the titlebar to use the Windows accent color set them all to 100." but I don't see those values anywhere on the right sidebar.

I've looked in other places too but I really don't feel the effort to try to sign up for all these forums just to find a solution to my problem. Can anyone help with this
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 02:01:55 am »

This still works:

http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1958.msg11316#msg11316

Also go to Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top > Active, Inactive. MaxActive, MaxInactive

and change all COLORIZATIONOPACITY values to zero
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 02:43:15 am by 3am » Logged
frasurbane
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 04:24:06 pm »

Is there a download for the Colorization Color Converter? I don't see it in the thread you linked

Edit: ahhh nvm I forgot it came bundled with the program
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 04:51:29 pm by frasurbane » Logged
frasurbane
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 05:07:45 pm »

Alright. I used the tool I fed the color into the converter and changed the COLORIZATION COLOR in Colors(Globals) to 4405077. But then it just turns the background of the text area to pure black which is not what I want.

https://imgur.com/a/3UkpbnL

Also the COLORIZATIONOPACITIES were already at 0 with the original issue
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 11:29:54 pm »

Same thing happened for me and I don't know why Huh?

I'll keep looking into it. Maybe I'll find a new solution
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 03:52:35 am »

Your problem was that you had two different colors for the Top Frame and COLORIZATIONCOLOR. They have to be exactly the same.

I had assumed you had done that so I didn't doublecheck. Here they are when correct (frame is 67,55,85 and COLORIZATIONCOLOR is -12372139):

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: