Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Need help to editing some colors on W10 1909  (Read 5034 times)
Skav
Beginner

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2020, 11:12:26 pm »

Hi,
I have recently acquired Windows Style Builder, which seems to me to be the most advanced theme editing software for Windows at the moment.

So I started to use and edit themes that I downloaded from deviantart (to quote only this site) to practice.

My question: I want to modify a custom theme for my Windows 10 version 1909, in particular the color of the disk space gauge and its width:
https://i.ibb.co/X7Fj3hg/Deep-L-Traducteur-Mozilla-Firefox.jpg

I am also trying to replace the following colours:
- the background color of "Adjust Computer Settings."
- color of the text "Display by:" in the control panel
- color of the jumplist text for programs in the taskbar
- color of the text of the files on the Desktop
- color and background color of the expended panel options in the explorer (https://i.ibb.co/ZNqBY3k/v6e1v6d1vd.jpg)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 05:06:00 pm by Skav » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 01:52:35 am »

1)  Disk Space colors and images are:

Buttons, Boxes, & Controls > Progress Bars > Normal > TransparentBar > Device Storage Background

Buttons, Boxes, & Controls > Progress Bars > Normal > Fill > Error, Paused & Device Storage

2) Top and left panels in Control Panel are bitmaps 632, 633, 634, 635 in Windows\SystemResources\shell32.dll.mun

3) "View By" textcolor is in shellstyle.dll. Change the foreground to TopViewPrefix here:

<if id="atom(TopViewPrefix)">

<Element

foreground="argb(255, 90, 103, 121)"

/>

4) The color of the ribbon ("expended panel options") can only be dark or light

5) Color of desktop file text can only be light or dark depending on how light or dark the desktop background.
Skav
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 11:14:16 pm »

1)  Disk Space colors and images are:

Buttons, Boxes, & Controls > Progress Bars > Normal > TransparentBar > Device Storage Background

Buttons, Boxes, & Controls > Progress Bars > Normal > Fill > Error, Paused & Device Storage
Thanks for your reply, i was able the change the jauge of the disk drive with your indication, but i wasn't able to find the img location of disk drive, maybe it's in a DLL file ?
2) Top and left panels in Control Panel are bitmaps 632, 633, 634, 635 in Windows\SystemResources\shell32.dll.mun
I was able to find the 633 and 635 ressources the "shell32.dll.mun", but not the 632, 633 and 634 ressources in the "Bitmap" folder, i have search in the other folder from the mun file, but i didn't found them.
Also i can't replace the original one bcz it's already used by another thing, certainly by the session, so how to replace the file?
3) "View By" textcolor is in shellstyle.dll. Change the foreground to TopViewPrefix here:

<if id="atom(TopViewPrefix)">

<Element

foreground="argb(255, 90, 103, 121)"

/>
I wasn't able to find this part my "shellstyle.dll" file, maybe i have to copy-past your text to the text and edit it ?
4) The color of the ribbon ("expended panel options") can only be dark or light

5) Color of desktop file text can only be light or dark depending on how light or dark the desktop background.
Do you mean that the light and dark colors are applied as "generic" colors by the system, or they are hardcoded in the "explorer.exe" file ?
And the jumplist text color in the taskbar?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 11:25:22 pm by Skav » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 01:27:28 pm »

1) I gave you both the locations of the drive container and the fill ( what's in the container)
2) Bitmap 633 is the top panel in Control Panel and bitmap 635 is the left panel. You have to change these.
3) TopViewPrefix is in shellstyle.dll UIFILE 1. If you don't see it LOOK AGAIN.
4) The ribbon and desktop item text can ONLY be light or dark. NO OTHER COLOR.
5) By taskbar jumplist you must mean the Context Menu found here: DarkMode_ImmersiveStart::Menu > PopUpItem > TEXTCOLOR
Skav
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 03:35:09 pm »

1) I gave you both the locations of the drive container and the fill ( what's in the container)
Ok, thanks.
2) Bitmap 633 is the top panel in Control Panel and bitmap 635 is the left panel. You have to change these.
Ok, noted, theses two files need special dimenzions ?.
3) TopViewPrefix is in shellstyle.dll UIFILE 1. If you don't see it LOOK AGAIN.
I'm sorry, but after checked 3 times my "shellstyle.dll", in UIFILE 1 i don't see the text part you mention below.
My shellstyle.dll: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oO1m80qbgxuuO7rKV-qBhtsMHO7HPuLI/view?usp=sharing
4) The ribbon and desktop item text can ONLY be light or dark. NO OTHER COLOR.
Ok, but no explanation on why and how ?
5) By taskbar jumplist you must mean the Context Menu found here: DarkMode_ImmersiveStart::Menu > PopUpItem > TEXTCOLOR
Unfortunatly i don't have this part in my WSB: https://i.ibb.co/fkDFg4R/988615.jpg
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 04:43:05 pm »

Keep the bitmaps same size as default or experiment.

Don't know why there's no TopViewPrefix in your shellstyle. There is in the default Aero one:

That dark and light restriction is hardcoded

You should have that context menu. Try the attached WSB. It's the one I use.
Skav
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 06:42:32 pm »

Keep the bitmaps same size as default or experiment.

Don't know why there's no TopViewPrefix in your shellstyle. There is in the default Aero one:

That dark and light restriction is hardcoded

You should have that context menu. Try the attached WSB. It's the one I use.
About the "shell32.dll.mun" file, do you replace the file normally via the explorer after having take ownership and adding full permissions to the current local account or do you use another method ?
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 09:34:33 pm »

Yes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: