Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to change the maximise/minimise glyphs for inactive title bars?  (Read 14264 times)
S123456789
Beginner

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2019, 06:58:41 pm »

I've been messing with this software again lately, and one thing I really want to do is change the colour of the glyphs for the maximise, minimise, help, and close buttons.

I've made them white in the Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Controls > Captions > Window > Restore/Maximize Button, but can't seem to find where (if it's even possible) to change them for inactive title bars.

Can someone please shed some light on this issue?  Ideally, I want white title bar text and button glyphs for active title bars, and black title bar text and button glyphs for inactive title bars.

Thanks!
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 10:55:07 pm »

You can only have different inactive button images for inactive windows.

You could always just change your active and inactive button images to look like different colored glyphs and make the actual glyph images transparent.
S123456789
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 05:51:36 pm »

You can only have different inactive button images for inactive windows.

You could always just change your active and inactive button images to look like different colored glyphs and make the actual glyph images transparent.

The issue with this is that I wouldn't be able to have separate maximise and restore "glyphs" on the image...  It would be the same for the middle button whether it was supposed to be the maximise or the restore glyph.

Is there any other way around this?  :/
S123456789
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 06:19:11 pm »

I also have another question...

How did Grim01 make it so that inactive title bars were darker than active ones?  I've copied the properties exactly from Default Style.mystyles (Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top > Inactive) into my own theme, but my inactive title bars are still lighter than the active ones...
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 09:41:05 pm »

If you make the buttons look like glyphs there's no way to make different glyphs for maximize and restore.

No idea what Grim did. I'd have to look at the msstyle.
S123456789
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 05:39:24 pm »

If you make the buttons look like glyphs there's no way to make different glyphs for maximize and restore.

No idea what Grim did. I'd have to look at the msstyle.

I've attached it.  Would you actually be able to take a quick look and point me in the right direction please?  If I can't get inactive title bars the way I wanted them at the start of this thread, then making them behave the way they do in this theme would be satisfactory to me.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 10:04:43 pm »

I'm not set up to test this. Just looking at the properties and images the inactive background should be lighter.

Last year you asked the same kind of question and answered it yourself:

https://www.vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2445.msg14040#msg14040
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: