Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Error Testing MsStyles File. There was an error applying the Test MsStyles File  (Read 18540 times)
Tintifax
Beginner

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2019, 03:21:19 pm »

Hi,

I just bought VSB and installed it on my Windows 10 1809, copied the original aero.msstyles from C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Aero to my user folder, opened it with VSB, didn't change anything and clicked on Test.
I get the error message "Error Testing MsStyles File. There was an error applying the Test MsStyles File, this usually signals an error in the MsStyles file."

I get this error with any msstyles I tried, but I realised that it's a bug because it complains about the original, untouched aero.msstyles, which can't be corrupted, because I'm using it at the moment.
I guess Windos would have complained about that.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 03:38:04 pm »

Are your theme files patched? If not then install UltraUXThemePatcher

Are you using the WSB Beta? You have to on Windows 10. Find it here:  https://www.vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2130.0

Then try to test the attached 1809 Aero. I use it all the time for testing.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 04:12:29 pm »

If you get it to test then also download this:

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/80749-Windows-10-1809-WSB-update-and-Dark-Mode-Style-Script

Replace the data file at AveApps\Windows Style Builder\Data with the new one which has updated xmls

You should also replace your shell folder with the new one if you are using OldNewExplorer
Tintifax
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 07:24:29 pm »

Yes, I did patch with UltraUXThemePatcher.

Thanks, running the beta gives no error when testing. I didn't read the email thoroughly...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: