Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Font and Font Color Change in File Explorer  (Read 10046 times)
GhostR1der
Beginner

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2018, 07:13:53 am »

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know how to change the font and font color of the text highlighted in red?

Thank you.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 01:15:47 pm »

https://www.vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1089.msg5590#msg5590

Edit the foreground colors
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 01:18:53 pm by 3am » Logged
GhostR1der
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 05:30:02 pm »

Thank you for a quick response 3am. I am new to Windows style editing and learning as I go. Do you mind elaborating a little on the shellstyle editing process. I assume you are talking about editing the shellstyle.dll. Correct? Do I edit it with Reshacker or with Vista Style Builder. Any guidance you can provide will be much appreciated.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 08:45:57 pm by GhostR1der » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 09:23:28 pm »

You use Reshacker. Go into the UIFILE and change the foreground colors at those two locations.
GhostR1der
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 06:27:14 am »

Changing the values in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Aero\Shell\NormalColor\shellstyle.dll worked. But, once I open Windows Style Builder and Test my modified “aero.msstyles” file, it will not show those changes, it reverts back to the default font color. I’ve tried to copy the shellstyle.dll from C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Aero\Shell\NormalColor to .\Aero\Shell\NormalColor under which folder structure  modified msstyles file is located, but it still doesn’t help. Also, when I apply modified “aero.msstyles” file through Windows Style Builder, initially everything looks right  just like I modified it. But as soon as computer reboots, all Aero goes away and just Basic is displayed. Same thing happens if I just manually replace the file. What am I doing wrong?
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 01:45:43 pm »

I answered your initial question.

Otherwise you don't seem to know anything about making a theme. Here's some tips:

1) Make sure your theme files are patched
2) Make a copy of the Aero folder. Rename it and the msstyles in it to your theme name and put it in the Resources > Themes folder. Edit this in WSB. NEVER modify the default Aero msstyles.
3) Do your edits to only the shellstyle.dll in your theme folder
4) create a .theme file by copying the aero.theme file. Rename it to your theme name. Open it with notepad. Change the DisplayName to equal your theme name. Go to the [VisualStyles] section and make sure the Path goes to your theme folder and msstyles instead of Aero. You can also change wallpaper, sound scheme etc here.
5) Apply your theme either through WSB, Personalization in the Control Panel or right-clicking your new theme file and opening it with Windows Shell Common Dll.

Also even in 7 I don't recommend using default VSB. Instead use the WSB Beta version. It has tons of improvements in it and is easier to use. You can find it here:

https://www.vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2130.0

That's all I've got to say. If you still can't get things working then you're on your own unless someone else tries to help you.
GhostR1der
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 03:49:28 pm »

Thanks for you help. I'll try this later in the evening.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: