Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Inactive title bar colour on theme with white title bar text.  (Read 12536 times)
S123456789
Beginner

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2018, 06:59:54 am »

Hi.  I'm using a theme called Windows 8.1 MK IV.  Essentially, all it does is change the title bar text colour (and the colour of the minimise and maximise buttons) from black to white.  There's another, similar theme out there, by "Grim01" which many people have, which does the same thing, but causes other issues on 8.1 (like the start screen screwing up when moving tiles around).  This one doesn't have that issue, but it does have other problems I'd like to fix now that I've bought this software.

I've included a .zip of the theme as it comes, without any alterations to it.  I'm using it, but with the colour changed to black, as you can see in the images I've attached.  My question is this: How do you change the background colour of the inactive title bar?  You can see from the image that it's almost exactly the same as the active title bar, which makes them a bit hard to distinguish.  Ideally, I'd like to make it a lighter version of the active colour, perhaps like "x% lighter", if possible (so that it works well with colours other than black).

The other image shows another problem that some apps have.  On Paint.net, for instance, the text on the title bar doesn't change to white.  Is there any fix for this?  Something similar happens in Firefox with certain windows and tabs.

Finally, (and this is minor as another app I have already does this, but it'd be nice to get it all done in one theme) is there a way to disable taskbar transparency using VSB?

The most important thing is the part in bold.  The rest isn't a huge deal, but any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 07:02:13 am by S123456789 » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 01:47:03 pm »

Best and simplest way of setting the inactive background color:

https://www.askvg.com/windows-10-tip-get-colors-on-titlebars-of-inactive-background-program-windows/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzl8c_wrYyg&feature=youtu.be
S123456789
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 03:09:44 pm »

Doesn't do anything on 8.1.  There has to be a way to do this using WSB.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 10:01:04 pm »

Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top > Inactive image
S123456789
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 04:27:20 pm »

Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top > Inactive image

There's no "Window" under frames...

And I wouldn't even know what to do or edit once I get there anyway.  I've tried changing other things in other parts of the style and it never actually changes it when I apply (which I have to do manually by putting the files in C/Windows/Resources/Themes because the built-in thing in WSB always gives an error)...
Splitwirez
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 07:09:09 pm »

(which I have to do manually by putting the files in C/Windows/Resources/Themes because the built-in thing in WSB always gives an error)...
Odds are, the style isn't being applied via the Personalization panel, either. Perhaps you wouldn't have noticed because the style is identical to the default in every other way or something. Make sure you have UxStyle or a UxTheme Patch or whatever you prefer installed and working. If you're using UxStyle, try going to Services.msc and restarting the "Unsigned Themes" service.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 10:12:41 pm »

You are using this right?:

https://www.vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2130.0

S123456789
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 06:10:49 am »

No, I was using version 15.0.0.  Thanks for letting me know about this version.  I'll mess around with it a bit and get back to you.  Smiley
S123456789
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 06:23:02 am »

Still can't get it.  Changing any of those values has zero effect on the style once I apply it.
S123456789
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 11:47:44 am »

I figured it out!  (sorry for spamming posts, but the 8.1 section of the site seems dead anyway)

Turns out it's the "COLORIZATIONOPACITY" value that needs to be changed to do precisely what I wanted.  Many thanks for all the help and putting up with my questions, 3am.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: