Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Noob trying to change button colours on 14393 aerolite theme  (Read 6067 times)
Lum
Beginner

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2016, 03:23:35 pm »

Just boought WSB as I want to recolour the stock aerolite theme to purple, starting with buttons and hover colours just to see how it works.

I've got the latest beta and am working on aerolite.msstyles (renamed to purplelite.msstyles), have changed as many colours as I can find, as well as various images that look related (508, 522, 593, 594, 595, 596, 659 and 863, but still I get blue squares when I hover over buttons and menuitems, and the buttons are still grey.

I'm sure I'm making a stupid obvious mistake, but can someone help a noob out?
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 03:53:47 pm »

First forget Aerolite. Edit a renamed copy of Aero msstyles instead.

Which buttons do you want to change? Try to be specific. There's lots of buttons. Pictures always help.
Lum
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 09:14:52 pm »

I kinda prefer the look of aerolite though.

And for now I'm just trying to change the look of the ordinary command buttons, eventually hoping to get rid of all the ugly grey and blue bits in the theme.

is where I'm at currently. As you can see there's a few bits need changing still.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 10:40:48 pm »

Theming Aerolite is a mistake because some of it isn't themeable, it has a lot of unknown properties etc etc .....

If this VM window is themeable through the msstyles then:

The buttons on the bottom right are Buttons, Boxes, & Controls > Buttons > Button > PushButton

The button on the bottom left is likely Explorer & Shell > Shell > TaskDialog > ExpandoButton

The slider in the middle is Buttons, Boxes, & Controls > Scroll Bars & Trackers > TrackBar

The square buttons are Buttons, Boxes, & Controls > Buttons > Button > CheckBox

The buttons on the top like "Display" are Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Tab
Lum
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 11:59:49 pm »

Thank you. I'll start again using Aero.

Is there any way to batch export and import all images so I can colourise them with a script rather than one at a time in gimp?
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 12:30:04 am »

No
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: