Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Active vs inactive CAPTIONTEXT:COLOR for non-maximized windows - can it be done?  (Read 8648 times)
xyl360
Beginner

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2016, 08:27:11 am »

As stated in the title, I'm searching for answers as to why I can change the color for the window title (CAPTIONTEXT) color value for active vs inactive windows when the window is maximized but cannot change the color of the same item for non-maximized windows (it renders in the same color whether the window is active or inactive).

I notice that even once I created color values for the active and inactive states under Windows & Caption Buttons>Aero>DWM Window>Frames>Window>Top>Active/Inactive just as there are for the MaxActive/MaxInactive entries in the same section, the colors for the Active/Inactive entries are overridden by the color value set under Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics>CAPTIONTEXT:COLOR value and there is no option to add any sort of "INACTIVECAPTIONTEXT:COLOR" value and removing the "CAPTIONTEXT:COLOR" property altogether appears to have no effect.

Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this, assuming it's even possible?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 05:36:41 pm by xyl360 » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 02:31:34 pm »

I don't think it is possible Sad
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 04:04:59 pm by 3am » Logged
xyl360
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 05:35:43 pm »

I don't think it is possible Sad
Yep, I didn't think so I was just hoping I was wrong and that there was something I'd missed or hadn't tried yet.  Thanks for the confirmation.  These seemingly pointless limitations contained in MS' theme files can be very frustrating, especially when something functions perfectly within a different part of the theme but for some unknown reason won't function at all within another.  It seems to be something I run into quite often and it leaves many parts of my themes quite inconsistent:(.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: