Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Explorer Search Box text and button alignment  (Read 9211 times)
xyl360
Beginner

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2015, 07:34:23 am »

I'm trying to move the text that shows up in the default search box (unselected) as well as the button/icon that shows up on the right (each circled in red in the attached image) so that I can make them fit within the sides of the box itself so that they don't overlap/extend to the outside of it as I did for the address bar but I can't seem to find the setting for it or the correct values to set.  I thought it would be the "ContentMargins" setting for the search box but that doesn't change where those items show up although that is what worked for the address bar.

Does anyone have any ideas?
xyl360
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 12:03:25 pm »

One additional related item.  With regards to the background rectangular box/fill that is displayed when the search box is clicked and/or text is being entered in it and/or the dropdown for search history is displayed it too fills outside the upper left edge of my custom shaped/sized search box resulting in an ugly black square edge overlapping my 45 degree angular edge.  I found this for fixing this same issue within the address bar but was unable to replicate this fix for the search box, although I did try to (there is no "Border" item under the section for that part of the UI so I tried adding the "BGTYPE:ENUM <NONE>" value under "Background" but it did not work).

Does anyone know how to do so?  I can post an image to illustrate what I'm referring to if you need it, but I suspect the link above and my description will be sufficient.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 02:23:40 pm »

Pretty sure the text and button can't be moved.

The black square is probably because Address, Breadcrumb, & Search > Search > SearchBox > Basic > Normal > Active > Background > Focused ( or Address, Breadcrumb, & Search > Search > SearchBox > Basic > Normal > Active > Background > <4> in default VSB XMLs) has to be a solid color. You probably have transparency where you cut the angle.
xyl360
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 07:36:18 pm »

Pretty sure the text and button can't be moved.
Ah, that's a bummer.  I was hoping they could just as the icon/text in the address bar can be.  Thanks for the info.  It saves me time which would have been wasted experimenting and searching.

The black square is probably because Address, Breadcrumb, & Search > Search > SearchBox > Basic > Normal > Active > Background > Focused ( or Address, Breadcrumb, & Search > Search > SearchBox > Basic > Normal > Active > Background > <4> in default VSB XMLs) has to be a solid color. You probably have transparency where you cut the angle.
Yes, that's correct.  It is transparent where I cut it (all 4 of them are cut this way to maintain the shape of it).  Given the info you provided I modified the shape of the 'Focused' entry so that while the others retain their shape, this one is rectangular so that it simply changes shape when focused rather than looking strange (no more black box outside the boundaries of the box itself).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: