Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Build 10586  (Read 51613 times)
gtjgtj
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2015, 09:57:32 pm »

Now I have the TH2 Update and I read the postings before.
I tried a test.
I opened the new aerolite.msstyles in WSB. Then I changed a color somewhere and tried to test. But WSB gave an error :

"Error Testing MsStyles File".

What is the problem?
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2015, 10:41:30 pm »

Tests for me.

Might be UxStyle. Restart UnsignedThemesService in Task Manager and try again

If it still doesn't test then you did something wrong. I can't tell you what that is without more info.
Jamie
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2015, 07:01:34 am »

Now I have the TH2 Update and I read the postings before.
I tried a test.
I opened the new aerolite.msstyles in WSB. Then I changed a color somewhere and tried to test. But WSB gave an error :

"Error Testing MsStyles File".

What is the problem?

Why are you using the aerolite.msstyles btw?  The default aero theme is what I use.
3bm
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2015, 12:44:37 pm »

Hi

where can i change this area??
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 01:10:31 pm by 3bm » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2015, 01:40:17 pm »

You mean the background?

Read this: http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1911.msg10803#msg10803

If you don't know how to add an image then read this: http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2300.msg13331#msg13331
3bm
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2015, 03:23:06 pm »

Thank you 3am. It works  Wink
gtjgtj
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2015, 09:59:06 pm »

@3am and Jamie:

it doesn't matter which style I use - aero or aerolite. I can't test anymore.
Before I had the Update of TH2 I could test the styles.
To store them is not possible, too.

Before I test the styles in WSB I have to patch the UXTheme?   I thought, as I used the WSB before I could test the styles without patching the UXTheme files (in WSB).  OK, if this are the reason why I could not test the styles then is my question irrelevant. Sorry.
To patch the Uxstyle files there is still not yet an easy solution? The cu88 way is the only solution?

3am, what do you mean with  "restart the UnsignedThemesService" ??

In the past I also had this problem. The problem was the anti virus tool. But not today.

3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2015, 10:38:43 pm »

1) You have to either use UxStyle or have your theme files patched to test in WSB

2) Restarting UnsignedThemesService only applies if you are using UxStyle and can't test.

3) To use UxStyle to apply themes you have to rename your msstyle to aerolite and use it to replace the default aerolite in the aero folder. You also have to change your .theme file display name and visual style path to reflect this change. Your theme will appear in Personalization as Aerolite and can be applied. You could likely do this with aero too but I wouldn't recommend it.

4) Or you could use cu88's method of manually patching the 10586 theme files with the patches for the theme files in 10240. Most people use this method.

5) Both methods work. I use the UxStyle method because I don't like patching and I only use one theme that I've made for myself.
gtjgtj
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2015, 04:11:13 pm »

Hi 3am, thank you for your answer. Sorry for my late reaction Huh?
I try to understand that and I'm gonna try to do that.

I think UxStyle is a tool? What is the funktion of it?
And "UnsignedThemeService" what is this - another tool? What is the funktion of that?
I would like to understand what I do before I do it  Wink

Can I use more than one style in Win 10 (TH2)? Because you say that I have to replace the aerolite style. If I would do that the name "aerolite" is already used. If I try to take another name the style will not be listed in the Personalization?
I like to use more than one custimized style and want to switch between them.

(Have a nice X-mas  Smiley)

3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2015, 05:00:22 pm »

1)"UxStyle is a bit of software that relaxes Windows theme signature requirements to enable third-party customization. Specifically, UxStyle consists of a tiny system service and a kernel driver that are loaded into memory where they hang out until reboot. No file system changes are made" (from the UxStyle web site)

2) UnsignedThemesService is the name of the UxStyle system service

3) You can have only one Aerolite in Personalization. If you want to use more than one msstyles I suppose you would have to apply a default theme then go through the same process by renaming the second msstyles Aerolite, replacing the old Aerolite with the new one and then applying the new one. You would have to do this every time you switch.
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2015, 08:47:49 pm »

There is another way to use as many styles as you like with Uxstyle.

1. Rename the default C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\aerolite.msstyles to aerolite.msstyles.bak
2. Make a new folder in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\ called aerolite.msstyles
3. Put your theme in the aerolite.msstyles folder C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\aerolite.msstyles\My Theme\My Theme.msstyles
4. Make sure your .theme file uses the new directory.
5. Select your theme from the personalization menu.

So now you just use the aerolite.msstyles folder as the normal theme folder and you can have as many themes as you like.

Note that if you do sfc/scannow or if you do a large Windows update to say Rs1 the themes will most likely be lost, so keep a backup of your themes.

Not sure what that would result in, I guess it would just fall back to using the aerolite theme which could be a good thing as these large updates seem to break any older themes anyway.
gtjgtj
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2015, 04:44:16 pm »

Hello 3AM, hello Mr. Grim,

thank You for your answers.
If I find time I will try to do it. The first one is, that I can testing my style by using UXStyle.
Dave Senior
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Why Windows 10 ? > 7 8 9 ??

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2016, 03:59:14 pm »

There is another way to use as many styles as you like with Uxstyle.

1. Rename the default C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\aerolite.msstyles to aerolite.msstyles.bak
2. Make a new folder in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\ called aerolite.msstyles
3. Put your theme in the aerolite.msstyles folder C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\aerolite.msstyles\My Theme\My Theme.msstyles
4. Make sure your .theme file uses the new directory.
5. Select your theme from the personalization menu.

So now you just use the aerolite.msstyles folder as the normal theme folder and you can have as many themes as you like.

Note that if you do sfc/scannow or if you do a large Windows update to say Rs1 the themes will most likely be lost, so keep a backup of your themes.

Not sure what that would result in, I guess it would just fall back to using the aerolite theme which could be a good thing as these large updates seem to break any older themes anyway.
  Thanks for this God , works great !

ps:Hope all is well down there.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: