Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some Panel config colors or image file  (Read 12059 times)
koumy
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2015, 01:48:15 pm »

Hi

I spent most of the mornig to find out where to find those ( already have found colors fonts ):

do I have to use some image hack though ?

Thank you
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 02:11:36 pm »

This is complicated.

1) You got to use OldNewExplorer
2) You got to use a custom shellstyle in your theme folder
3) You can use a custom classmap or use Update ONE Resources button in WSB

I just used the custom shellstyle and custom 8.1 classmap by MrGrim found here:

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/63105-Custom-Class-Maps-for-WSB-1-5-5-6

First I had to replace the ClassMap in AveApps/Windows Style Builder/Data/Win8.1 folder with the one made by Grim.  I saved the default ClassMap elsewhere.

Next I opened  the msstyle in WSB, tested and saved it. I reopened it and found new Parts like

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPane Background
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPane Shine Layer
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPaneTop Background
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPaneTop Shine Layer

which correspond to the bitmaps which in 7 are the images for the side and top panels in Control Panel. You can put images in here which will be referenced in the UIFILES in the custom shellstyle that you'll use with OldNew Explorer. Or you can just let them go to the backup Fonts & System Metrics > WINDOW:COLOR.

But I did put  BGTYPE:ENUM > IMAGEFILE properties and values in them. I did this so they will show up if I replaced the custom ClassMap with the default one later. You HAVE TO put something in the new Parts and States or they won't show using a default ClassMap.

It's IMPORTANT to add a textcolor to the new Part and State: Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ProperTree > Navigation Text > Normal.

You can either keep WSB working with the new ClassMap or bring back the default one. If you bring back the default one then the new Parts and States will have numbers instead of names after you test, save & reopen. Like the ones above will now be

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > 1 etc.

Alternatively you can use the Update ONE Resources button in WSB as shown in this video:

http://screencast.com/t/JPY4eEF4q

I haven't used this method so I can't tell you much about it.

This sounds hard but once you do it a few times it's not too bad Tongue
koumy
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 04:14:24 pm »

thanks 3am !

lol I make some break during the week and take some fresh air tonight at friends home ( who cares lol )

but I plan to try following your instructions  Wink

3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 04:36:09 pm »

You could try this:

http://alexgal23.deviantart.com/art/Control-Panel-Dark-W10-557578093

I haven't used it myself but it would make things easier if it works
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 04:56:03 pm »

that method adds new images to the shell32.dll.mui file, I tried and was able to change the shell32.dll icons but sadly it doesn't work on any of the new insider builds.
koumy
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 10:21:40 am »

well it seem more complicated than I thought ...

May stay with your nice well made theme ( windows 10 black edition ) , Mr Grim and edit some locations to fit with my eyes Smiley

Regards
koumy
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 01:43:57 pm »

Hi 3am and Mr Grim

I downloaded your mod files but there are some questions :

I extract the zip files in folder data where vista style builder 1.53 is , so I have new sub folders there

Is it right or do I also have to copy those subfolders to C:\Windows\resources \theme ?

and I suppose I have to replace the .msstyles with the one in the archive to the same location ?

( I moved new class files as described )

to summarize ,I'd like to know where to extract those files lol

regards

PS: @Mr Grim

your windows black edition is a wonderful work ,I can't imagine how much time it took to check all that hard work ....
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 01:50:50 pm by koumy » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 05:09:10 pm »

I don't know what you are talking about.

I can't make it any clearer than I already have. I'm sorry you don't understand.

Do yourself a favor and just use one of Grim's themes as a base for editing. They have already been done with a custom classmap and have a custom shellstyle ready to go.

When you open up the msstyle in WSB look for:

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > <1>
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > <3>

These are the images for the side and top panels for the Control Panel. Just change the images to whatever you want.

Maybe Grim or somebody else can explain to you how to do this for yourself better than I can.

Until then just do it the easy way Wink
koumy
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 07:05:13 pm »

Do yourself a favor and just use one of Grim's themes as a base for editing. They have already been done with a custom classmap and have a custom shellstyle ready to go.

Until then just do it the easy way Wink

you right , gonna follow your advices !

thanks again
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: