Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help needed!  (Read 6616 times)
borisbaer
Beginner

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2015, 11:45:39 am »

Hello guys! I just bought WSB and now I'm having a really hard time to get it to work.
Since the version I downloaded with the e-mail didn't open up at all I got the latest beta build (1.5.6.3) from the forum.
So this version starts and I open the 'aero.mssytles' file. I change some values for testing but if I click on the 'Test' button the whole program just closes.
What am I doing wrong? I'm running Windows 10 on my computer so I really don't know how to get this to work. I'd really appreciate any help!

By the way: What's the difference between 'Windows Style Builder.exe' and 'Windows Style Builder - NBSC.exe'?

Thanks in advance!
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 12:22:38 pm »

1) You have to have UxStyle or a patcher like UltraUXTheme installed.

2) Sometimes you have to click test several times.

3) If you are using UxStyle sometimes you have to restart the UnsignedThemes service in Task Manager and
then try to test again.

4) First check to see if aero msstyles will test without changes. If so then test with changes.

5) It's ok to test with aero but never try to save changes to it. Do that only with a renamed copy of aero.

6) NBSC stands for No Black Screen. It detects if you are doing changes that will cause you to have a Black

Screen and gives you a warning message. This has to be run as administrator and doesn't allow Drag/Drop of

images like the other exe.
borisbaer
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 01:40:49 pm »

Okay, thanks a lot! It works for me now and I already made some changes to the explorer. Is a tutorial for Windows 10 somewhere available?
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 01:56:57 pm »

There's no tutorial specifically for 10.

Most of the maps for 7 and 8 are still good in 10.

Read the topics on the 10 board etc.

Some things are no longer in the 10 msstyle and so can't be changed in WSB like most of the taskbar, jump lists, system tray flyouts etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: