Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Static Search text color' and 'taskbar brightness disable questions'  (Read 9440 times)
idas
Beginner

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2015, 02:13:40 am »

some questions please need answers :

1. Is there any possibility to be added to the mstyle, to the Styles section, a searchboxstyle section ? Is there any alternative for control=change the text color of the Static text of the Search box, and to be different than than the edit one?
what i mean is that now both took Text color property from:  Address, Breadcrumb, & Search > Search > Edit > SearchEdit > TextBox > Normal Text  
can we separate each one of them taking different color?

on my windows 7 themes on past i  have made it different[white static text, black normal text] but i dont remember how i did it, except if there was different something in win 7 code that i miss here or not exist to win 8.1 > http://zeusosx.deviantart.com/art/Eos-E-operating-system-64bit-for-windows-7-412193197
(What I call Static text, i mean the 'search This Pc' text to 'This Pc' window, and as normal text the text we write to the text box.)

2. can we disable  the brightness of the taskbar?
To  Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Personalization\Color and Appearance  when we use the slider of brightness at the down side of the window, then simultaneously changed the borders brightens [of a non opaque theme, ie of an aero style one],  and the taskbar one.
The brightness of the window borders controled some how from the Colorization opacity  parameter , to
Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top > Active
Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top > Inactive
Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top > MaxActive
Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top > MaxInactive

Is there a place=a location> that an added 'Colorization opacity'  parameter could affect to the taskbar, so with a zero value to disable the effect of  brightness to taskbar?

Thanks in advance.

======================================

« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 12:42:42 pm by idas » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 02:50:15 pm »

1) In 7 when you enter text the textcolor changes to Fonts & System Metrics > WINDOWTEXT:COLOR.

In 8 and 10 it doesn't change.

I don't know how it can be made to change color.

I see no reference to SearchEditBox, 1 in any UIFILE.

You can add anything you like to a classmap.xml in WSB but it will likely not make any difference.

2) I don't understand the question. I don't see the brightness change.
idas
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 07:01:00 pm »

thank you . that's clear for me as i understood both, from your answer.

1. the code In windows 8 and 10 the search text IS NOT TAKING PROPERTY like on windows 7,  from Fonts & System Metrics > WINDOWTEXT:COLOR

and 2. from your second one you give me the meaning that there is no connection between the brightness and the  Colorization opacity  parameters.

well what I have observed is this :

When we set a big value at Opacity and colorization opacity and we set the Color Intensity slider to right then :

When we set a ZERO  value=0 at Opacity and Colorization opacity and we set the brightnes slider to right or to left nothing happened to windows borders ,only the taskbar brightness's changed.

==========

So I was thinking that because when the  ZERO  value=0 at Opacity and Colorization opacity of the window borders, the brightness does not affect to that, that if we could find a location to the code of taskbar to add those values and set then to Zero, making taskbar 's brightness unchangeable, as to window's borders happening.
But as you present the Brightness of taskbar is independent, of those values [of  Opacity and Colorization opacity] , and anyway we don't know any kind of such location that applied.
Perchaps a registry value should, anyway, thanks for replying.

--------------------
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 10:11:02 am by idas » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: