Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gradient for fillcolor in Explorer shell background?  (Read 8294 times)
xyl360
Beginner

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2015, 04:00:53 am »

Greetings Smiley

I was wondering if it was possible, and if so then how, to use a gradient rather than a solid color for the fillcolor in Explorer for the folder background.  I've seen the tutorials/info on using an image for the background, and while I probably could just create an image of a gradient and use that, I'd rather not resort to hacking my explorerframe.dll file manually and would much rather do everything through VSB directly assuming it's possible.  I'm hoping there's some way to accomplish this by simply adding a few properties and/or modifying existing ones.

If anyone has an answer please let me know.

Thanks Smiley
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 02:36:02 pm »

Nope
JonicThemes
Beginner

The best free themes for Windows - jonicthemes.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 03:59:37 pm »

You mean to put an image in the background of the folders without modifying the explorerframe.dll?, If so, don't know a possible way to do so.
xyl360
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 05:09:18 pm »

You mean to put an image in the background of the folders without modifying the explorerframe.dll?, If so, don't know a possible way to do so.

Well, not exactly.  What I was actually hoping for was the ability to create a set of 'GradientFill1' and 'GradientFill2' properties for it instead of just 'Fillcolor' to have it use a 2 color gradient rather than just a solid color without having to use any image at all (this would allow me to use a gradient without having to use any pics, thus avoiding manually hacking explorerframe.dll).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: