Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 10 SiB Start Menu Style Script and Hack  (Read 19843 times)
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2015, 07:09:34 pm »

This is a style script and style hack to add a SiB start menu to a new Windows 10 msstyles.

First run the "Prep for SiB start menu windows 10" Style Script to remove unwanted crap in Start Menu > Panels and then run the 10 SiB Stylehack.

Note: The start menu will not show properly when testing unless you open the SiB properties and select the Start menu and Apply. This will have to be repeated every time you hit test, seems to be a bug with SiB on Windows 10.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zzwmupg7m3oprtc/10_SiB.zip
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:21:45 pm by Mr GRiM » Logged
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 04:37:05 am »

Update for RS1 aka Windows 10 Anniversary Update Only!!

This may work on TH2 or earlier but it's not tested so probably best not to try.

This time round I have created 2 separate style scripts to add the start menu and task bar skinning back (SiB only) and also one that will add them both.

After you run the style scripts you can then run the Taskbar Style Hack followed by the Start Menu Style Hack, note that you will have to save and reload the style to see the new added classes for the Taskbar and start menu although you can still run the stylehacks before saving as well as test to see if they were applied, I have found when applying the start menu style hack sometimes you get a msstyles error, just undo and redo the action and it will usually work.

As usual best to do any testing in a VM until you are sure you know what you are doing, even though this type of modification to a default msstyles is relativity safe.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 04:39:13 am by Mr GRiM » Logged
tytynono
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 04:18:52 pm »

Hello Mr Grim,
i would like to use Windows 10 start menu with SiB, i can do a msstyle that work with SiB but it is the operation of the Windows 7, i would like it to be that Windows 10.
Could you help me?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 06:04:50 pm by tytynono » Logged
tytynono
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 04:20:07 pm »

sorry double post
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: