Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help Anyone!  (Read 23686 times)
JMB
Dedicated Themer

aka YourNumbr1Fan

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2014, 09:51:07 am »

So I'm messing with Jamie's (neiio) 'fcoar dark - HaxrCorp' vs version, trying to tailor it to my tastes---and use it for learning WSB at the same time....and I've managed to add details pane, to square the frames, re-color them, re-do the taskbar/taskband, tweak some other things. And I'm loving how it's starting to look....

But I can't for the life of me find the areas (in my capture here) that are white! The cp command module, personalization preview pane area, etc., aren't in their usual locations in WSB 1.5.6.3b...I've been almost ready to crack my head open trying to figure this out!!  Cry Aaaaahhh!

Would it be too much to ask for one of you talented fellas to download the attached msstyle and find the locations for me? I promise that I'll forever be your #1 fan!  Wink haha

I'm thinking this version was made for use with SIB (the jumplist is ugly), and I don't use a Win7-style start-menu program....Could that be why these areas are white?

Thanks ahead of time!  Smiley  You guys are awesome---

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:06:57 am by YourNumbr1Fan » Logged
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 12:24:26 pm »

Those areas have never been in the msstyles by default in Windows 7 or 8, the only way to change those images is by replacing them in the shell32.dll (not advisable on 8) or Theme Resource changer (Windows 7 only) or by using OldNewExplorer and adding a modified shell32.dll UI file with custom classes and modifying your class maps or in the latest version of WSB add class and adding the new custom class, in my case I have done this and added 4 new custom classes to the UI files and class maps in WSB in the following locations.

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPane Background
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPane Shine Layer
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPaneTop Background
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPaneTop Shine Layer

UI files needed to edit and add to the shellstyle.dll are 23 and 24 but you can not do this as UI files in the shell32.dll are mostly in binary and you would have to convert them back to xml if you want to edit them, I have a tool from Tyhiy to do this but he has forbidden me from sharing it with anyone as it is too powerful and dangerous so I will just supply you with the modified UI files I have already.

For the custom class maps open your class map in notepad++ and search for NavigationPane then change it so it looks like this.

Code:
<part id="1" name="NavigationPane">
<states>
<state id="1" name="NavigationPane Background"/>
<state id="2" name="NavigationPane Shine Layer"/>
<state id="3" name="NavigationPaneTop Background"/>
<state id="4" name="NavigationPaneTop Shine Layer"/>
</states>
</part>
<part id="2" name="ContentPane">
<states>
<state id="1" name="Branding Image"/>
</states>
<states>
<state id="2" name="Genuine Image"/>
</states>
</part>

Also I just remembered that these custom UI files also remove the default Windows branding in system properties and allows you to add your own to match whatever theme your using in the msstyles.

the location for that will be.

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > ContentPane > Branding Image

and also if you want to add a second image like the genuine image from Windows 7 (Removed from Windows 8) add it in

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > ContentPane > Genuine Image

Just remember with these navigation pane images that if you are not going to add the shine layer to add a ENUM > BGType > None property to those 2 shine layer locations

Another place you should add BGType > None is in Explorer & Shell > Explorer > CommandModule > Library Title otherwise you get a white border under the top navigation pane.

JMB
Dedicated Themer

aka YourNumbr1Fan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 12:56:18 pm »

Thanks a lot. I have used your custom classes in other vs, though (Pachenko 8.1, Work Redux 2), and really like being able to add custom logos, etc., for sure. Well, I say I used them, but actually they were put in by neiio and Lamia and 3am...so all I had to do was modify the images that were already there.

I'm praying that I won't have white explorer menus (and frozen explorer!) when I add these locations and classes! lol

« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:15:03 am by JMB » Logged
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 02:21:41 pm »

Thats what virtual machines are there for, if your not sure of something try it in a VM first and make sure your happy you know what your doing before trying it on your real machine.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 02:35:39 pm »

Just in case you couldn't get it done I attached your msstyles with the panels changed for you.

There are no branding or genuine images. You can add your own at:

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > ContentPane > <1> (or BrandingImage if you are using Grim's classmap)
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > ContentPane > <2> (or GenuineImage)

Or if you don't want to add your own then just delete UIFILE 1001 from SYSTEMCPL_UIFILE in your shellstyle and you'll get the standard ones back.

I didn't know what color you wanted the panels and Library Title so I just made them the same color as the background.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 02:57:20 pm by 3am » Logged
JMB
Dedicated Themer

aka YourNumbr1Fan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 03:15:54 pm »

Well Grim, I got everything done exactly as you'd instructed....added the classmaps correctly, added the 2 texts to the shellstyle.dll in the right location, added my images, disabled the shine layers. But the white remained!  Huh?

3am: I'll load the msstyle you tweaked and see it that does the trick, thanks!

Well,

It added the images, but also added the explorer command-module (un-skinned) which I don't want. Plus this ugly white border around the Personalization menu....
I got exactly the same results with my own images and using a shellstyle.dll from another vs...

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 03:39:46 pm by YourNumbr1Fan » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 03:39:20 pm »

That white border in Personalization is Styles > ControlPanelStyle > ContentPaneLine > FILLCOLORHINT

Not sure what you mean about the CommandModule not being skinned. It is for me if I test your msstyle.

If you don't want it and want the ribbon instead then just don't check it in OldNewExplorer cfg.exe
JMB
Dedicated Themer

aka YourNumbr1Fan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 03:44:36 pm »

I forgot that I can hide that command-module in explorer through OldNew, but I don't want the ribbon either... hmmm.

Thanks for the white border location! Once I change that to the same color as the menu, re-do the font colors in the left pane of the Personalization menu, I think it'll start to look shweeet!

Many thanks bud!!!   Smiley Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 03:46:43 pm by YourNumbr1Fan » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 03:46:01 pm »

Here's how I do it step by step:

1) Make sure you are running OldNewExplorer and you are using Grim's custom shellstyle in the Shell folder in your theme folder

2) Replace the classmap in the 8.1 folder in the Data folder with the custom one by Grim

3) Make sure your theme folder is in the usual Resources > Themes

4) Open your msstyles in WSB

5) You'll find new Parts and States:

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPane Background
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPane Shine Layer
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPaneTop Background
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPaneTop Shine Layer
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > ContentPane > Branding Image
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > ContentPane > Genuine Image
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ProperTree > Navigation Text > Normal

I think that's all of them.

6) You HAVE to add a textcolor to Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ProperTree > Navigation Text > Normal otherwise your control panel will be blank.
   Add images and the usual properties etc to the rest. If you don't I think they all revert to WINDOW:COLOR in    sysmetrics.

7) Test and save.

WARNING:

If you go back to using the default classmap in WSB then all those new parts and states will now have numbers and not names.

Also I seem to remember that if you didn't put any images or properties in the new parts and states they won't show up if you go back to using the default classmap. So put something in those locations even if it's just bgtype of NONE
JMB
Dedicated Themer

aka YourNumbr1Fan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 03:54:27 pm »

I have everything, all the classes, locations...everything skinned. But there's no

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ProperTree > Navigation Text > Normal

in my locations.

But my CP has all the text in the places it should, in the right colors and fonts. What's up with that?

I think neiio made FCOAR to look good with Ribbon Disabler, but not so much with OldNew and a details pane, command module, etc.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 04:01:25 pm by YourNumbr1Fan » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 03:59:28 pm »

Well if you are making your own classmap then you forgot to add that Navigation Text.

I recommend just using the one Grim already made. It covers everything you need. Why re-invent the wheel right?

Control Panel has nothing to do with the Proper Tree
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 04:02:11 pm by 3am » Logged
JMB
Dedicated Themer

aka YourNumbr1Fan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 04:13:36 pm »

No, I just copied Mark's code (in his 1st reply above?) and added it manually to the .xml (ClassMaps, in my Win8.1 folder) like he said to do....Not making my own Class Maps bud. Read his reply up top...
I'll get the ready-made ones, sure. I had them before, but didn't move them into my Data folder when I got this latest beta build of WSB.

Oh, the CommandModule? It's not skinned, actually. It has that light grey bg, leftover from one of Jamie's other projects I think. The color is wrong anyway. It should be the same color as the area behind the explorerframe buttons and address bar....the same dark color as the window borders. Plus none of the text, buttons, tools or anything is skinned there.... I might skin it, but I really don't want it, or the Ribbon either.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 04:16:25 pm by YourNumbr1Fan » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 04:16:09 pm »

Yeah I just rechecked your Command Module and it's not really skinned like you said.

In fact there's a lot of unskinned stuff. You have a lot of work to do lol.

I still don't get what you want with the CommandModule. Do you want neither the Ribbon or the CommandModule. I can do that by killing it in the shellstyle.
JMB
Dedicated Themer

aka YourNumbr1Fan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2014, 04:17:50 pm »

Yea, I don't want the CommandModule in regular explorer windows....I only want the one in the CP.  Wink

Oh, and really, thanks a million for all your help and all you do here bud.  Smiley  I can tell that you take your custo skills seriously, and I admire that. Same with Mark.

I have a lot of learning to do, but I'm committed. I love this stuff.

I need to fix the jumplist and re-do the right-click menu in the start screen in this one also.....Yep, a lot of work for sure...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 04:30:36 pm by YourNumbr1Fan » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 04:41:15 pm »

Here ya go. This will let you have no ribbon or commandmodule.

I killed it by using the old trick of adding padding="rect(0rp,0rp,0rp,-40rp)" to the FolderBandStyle in shellstyle > UIFILE > 1
JMB
Dedicated Themer

aka YourNumbr1Fan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 04:46:01 pm »

I saw that trick somewhere tonight, on some site.....I think here:   http://www.askvg.com/how-to-make-folder-band-auto-hidden-in-windows-vista/

Was going to do it too. Thanks man!   Wink
JMB
Dedicated Themer

aka YourNumbr1Fan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 04:55:49 pm »

Huh? Uh Oh. Not good.

Had to kill explorer, open Photoshop, use it to rename the shellstyle from there, and move my old one in its place.... This hack isn't working for me. Yikes.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 04:57:40 pm by YourNumbr1Fan » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 05:03:02 pm »

That's odd. Everything is fine here using what I sent you.

It's not the hack. Did you do something else?

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 05:11:01 pm by 3am » Logged
JMB
Dedicated Themer

aka YourNumbr1Fan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2014, 06:01:22 pm »

Sorry it took so long to reply...Was walkin meh dawgeh!

YAYYYYY!!!!----It looks great now, working 100%! Thanks so much, 3am. You really helped me out, bigtime. If I had a way to do it, I'd buy ya one of them New Orleans 'Po Boy' deluxes and an icy cold brewskie!

Just finished tuning it up!---for now.   Cheesy   It's a great looking flat vs.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:25:47 pm by YourNumbr1Fan » Logged
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 04:10:54 am »

glad you got it all sorted out mate, I could have done it all for you but I think it's best to try and learn these things for yourself Smiley
JMB
Dedicated Themer

aka YourNumbr1Fan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 07:25:23 am »

Thanks very much, Mark! And yes of course you're right; we beginners often need information/advice/pointers from the skilled, but it's not good to just fix something for someone in cases like this. Goes back to the old saying "Give a hungry man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day...But teach him to be a fisherman, you'll feed him for life."

I'll never just ask one of you fellas to fix something in theming for me. I'd much rather learn to do it myself. And I for one truly appreciate anyone who takes the time to teach something or give useful advice. You are, in my opinion at least, the best at what you do. Not to take away from anyone else, because there are other skinners out there that are amazing, for sure. But few have been as committed to theming/graphic-ui-design as Grim, and fewer pay the attention to detail that you do. Not meaning to sound like I'm worshipping you or anything, lol, but I admire your focus and dedication, not to mention your unique style, like many others do, very much. And value anything I can learn from you when it comes to ui-design. Same with the other talented fellas and ladies I've had the fortune to come into contact with on the Internet and in real life.

So, to put it simply, thanks to both you and the uber-talented 3am for coming by and helping me out. I'm soooo glad I finally forked over a little dough and bought WSB, joined the forum. One of the best investments I ever made in my opinion. Right now I'm de-constructing a few themes here and there from others, modifying and tweaking some stuff, just trying to get a handle on the basics. I want to develop my own skills to a high level, to be able to bring my own unique design ideas out into the community. Not for fame per se, but because I love ui-design. I used to not have the time to knuckle-down and get serious about trying to learn, but I've recently made my mind up to find the time and go for it. So I'm here now, glad and proud to be here, committed to learning 'custo', and will undoubtedly be asking more questions very soon, lol!

Again, thank you both (3am and Mark) --- You guys rock.  Smiley          
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 07:29:27 am by YourNumbr1Fan » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: