Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: after porting win7 theme  (Read 14223 times)
drakulaboy
Beginner

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2014, 10:15:01 pm »

hello, help me please in one question, what shellstyle.dll do i need to use after i've ported a win7 to win8.1, because when i save the theme and apply it, of course i move the files in Themes folder, apply the theme and if i open Control Panel it's a blank window. i'm using Mr. Grimm universal shellstyle but after i add it to my theme the shellstyle.dll is modifying some colors in my theme.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 10:16:55 pm by drakulaboy » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 10:41:26 pm »

I don't know what you mean by Grim's Universal shellstyle. Do you mean his custom shellstyle that you can use in OldNewExplorer and that references new parts in the msstyle using his custom classmap?

If not then just use the shellstyle in the default Aero 8.1 folder
drakulaboy
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 07:24:47 am »

yes, the custom shellstyle, but when i apply it to some ported theme it's changing colors of some theme parts, looks like i need some info about editing shellstyle for win8.1
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 12:41:20 pm »

What parts are changing colors?
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 05:09:49 pm »

Yes always good to know details and then we can help you, unless you are using my custom class maps you may have problems anyway because you need to add a text color property to Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ProperTree > Navigation Text or you will have a white blank explorer window.

Also you will notice that control panel navigation panes will change to colors defined by the gradient colors used in Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane, again if you are using my custom class maps you will have the following locations to set the images you want.

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPane Background
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPane Shine Layer
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPaneTop Background
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPaneTop Shine Layer

Another thing you can do with my shellstyle and custom class maps is add background images to explorer view types

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Folder background

You can also change the branding image in system properties

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > ContentPane > Branding Image

and if you want to add a second image of your liking or the genuine image that was found in Windows 7 add it to the following

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > ContentPane > Genuine Image

Not sure if any of this will help you at all but that covers some of the changes that can be done in the msstyles, there are also other changes that will take effect using my shellstyle related to other UI files I have added and altered.
drakulaboy
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 05:20:57 pm »

well, Mr GRiM you saved my day, thank you, that was what i want to do

after porting a theme i got this

but i go to Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ProperTree > Background and put the right color

2 more questions for today please help me where can i change the size of those elements on taskbar

and where is this white color?

Thank you again 3am and Mr GRiM!
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 09:21:33 pm »

1) Decrease the Content Margins of the TaskItemButtons

2) Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ReadingPane > Background
drakulaboy
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 07:16:17 am »

Thank you 3am, now it's perfect, i readed the Maps topic what elements are and where they are, now i'm good

on content margins of TaskItemButton i set it by default 10, 10, 4, 4, now is very good
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:29:08 am by drakulaboy » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 12:48:14 pm »

When you use the port 7 to 8 option values for new or changed properties stay at default. You have to change them yourself.

Like with the Reading Pane. In 7 the background is three gradients while in 8 it is a new FILLCOLOR
property. The FILLCOLOR stays at default white so you have to change it yourself.

Or with the Propertree in 7 the background is a FILLCOLORHINT while in 8 it is a new FILLCOLOR property ( the FILLCOLORHINT is still there but does nothing). The FILLCOLOR is default white so you got to change it yourself.

There's a lot of this stuff to account for when you do a port. Maybe I should make a list some time.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 12:52:12 pm by 3am » Logged
drakulaboy
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 05:19:23 pm »

thank you 3am, got it, gonna make a StyleScript with this  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: