Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jumplist bug again!  (Read 13990 times)
Jamie
Beginner

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2014, 08:00:45 pm »

Hey 3am, do you think you could work your magic again?  Ever since the latest beta I've been unable to fix the jumplist bug for some reason.  I've tried all the tutorials you've provided but still the same result.  Are you using the latest beta as well?  Also how were you able to fix my last vs? Angry  Thanks a lot for your efforts mate.

Here is the latest VS I'm having problems with if you are interested in looking at it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqrcu8z020ltcqe/Metro%20VS.zip

Thanks again,
Jamie
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 08:49:47 pm »

Working fine here. At least when testing:

Sorry about the white top and bottom frames. I'm using shadowless frames and forgot to turn the shadows on for the screenshot.

I'm using the latest Beta.

No idea why it isn't showing correctly for you.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 02:43:56 pm by 3am » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 11:12:42 pm »

Can you take a screenshot of what it looks like for you? It's working for me as well.
Jamie
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 12:10:51 am »

Hey guys thanks for checking it out.  That's so weird.  This is what I'm getting.

Jamie
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 12:20:19 am »

It's weird I just uninstalled startisback and the jumplist works normally.  When I re-install it the bug is there again.  I'm using a legit version of the the program. Version 1.6.2
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 12:31:46 am »

I'm not using SIB+ and it's working for me. I can't say whether it works using it.

I found something else weird though. Nothing appears on the All Control Items window in Control Panel. Everything is fine though in  the other Control Panel windows.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 02:40:07 pm by 3am » Logged
Jamie
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 12:38:53 am »

I just found that bug too!  I deleted the shellstyle.dll and used the regular Aero and it works fine now.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 12:42:07 am »

It's weird I just uninstalled startisback and the jumplist works normally.  When I re-install it the bug is there again.  I'm using a legit version of the the program. Version 1.6.2

StartIsBack modifies how the themes work to be compatible with 8.0 themes which has the original StartPanelPriv class layout like it was in 7. I would suggest switching OS Modes in WSB but having just tested it, that switch doesn't seem to work anymore.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:44:50 am by Panda X » Logged
Jamie
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 12:47:17 am »

StartIsBack modifies how the themes work to be compatible with 8.0 themes which has the original StartPanelPriv class layout like it was in 7. I would suggest switching OS Modes in WSB but having just tested it, that switch doesn't seem to work anymore.

Thanks I guess it is time do dump Startisback until they update it.  Do you use any alternatives?  I might go back to Start8 since I have a legit copy of that as well.

Yep just confirmed Startisback is the culprit.  Installed Start8 and alls fine now.  Thanks for your help guys!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:55:23 am by Jamie » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 12:58:49 am »

Thanks I guess it is time do dump Startisback until they update it.  Do you use any alternatives?  I might go back to Start8 since I have a legit copy of that as well.

It's like that intentionally so you can theme the start menu in SIB. The only one I use is SIB. In the next update to WSB I'll be adding proper support for manipulating the JumpList for SIB users and 8.1 stock users.
Jamie
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 01:03:21 am »

It's like that intentionally so you can theme the start menu in SIB. The only one I use is SIB. In the next update to WSB I'll be adding proper support for manipulating the JumpList for SIB users and 8.1 stock users.

Awesome mate that's great news.  How is it that the jumplist worked for you then if you are using SIB as well?
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 01:05:17 am »

Awesome mate that's great news.  How is it that the jumplist worked for you then if you are using SIB as well?

I disabled it to test your theme.
Jamie
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 01:06:59 am »

I disabled it to test your theme.

Well that makes sense. Cheesy

Can't wait to see the next version.  You're doing awesome work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: