Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New things to add to the Test Dialog in VSB  (Read 8390 times)
mdtauk
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2009, 04:27:56 am »

I think it should be possible to open the controls test dialog at any time from within VSB not just by clicking test.

Also I think more elements should be added to the dialog, such as the sort header, the explorer list view window, Balloon notifications, command bars, toolbars, tree views, branch views, toggle buttons for error and paused progress bars, examples of the various text styles and colours, the hyperlink styles, etc.

Also the edge of the dialog window should be fixed to match the dialogs found in windows, specifically the margins between the window frame and the tab pane.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 04:53:44 am »

Seems like a good idea Smiley
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 05:21:25 am »

Yeah, that would be really helpful.

I want the Test Dialog to be minimizable also.  Right now I have a context menu addon to minimize to tray.  And sometimes I accidentally close it, and can't bring it up unless I stop and then test it again.
mdtauk
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 09:43:51 pm »

I am trying to use VistaControlls.dll to add in vista controls to a WinForms app in Visual Studio 2008, for testing visual style control designs, but I can't manage to get the blue progress bar "meter" that is used in My Computer for the drive space.  I do have the paused and error ones done, and I am making the controls at default as well as larger size to test how these controls size.  its not quite DPI testing, but I find it useful having larger controls to test sizing.

Also PandaX or Ave, if you have any tips on getting vista style controls onto a form, it would be helpful!  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: