Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: default Aero inactive title bar color  (Read 11463 times)
decibelle
Beginner

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2014, 05:36:12 pm »

When using default Aero, or modified for that matter, the color for the inactive title bar is automatically chosen as the color of the active title bar with an overlay or addition of gray. Is there some way to change that to any degree?

Thanks,
Ellen
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 11:45:08 pm »

Depends on what you want to do. Do you want more or less opacity? Do you want different colors or what?

Here's an example where I changed the colors of the active (red) and inactive (yellow) frame images at:

Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top > Active
Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top > Inactive

Assuming this is a 7 msstyles with transparent frames that you are talking about.

decibelle
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 12:17:18 am »

What I want is not to assign a particular color but to change the default behavior so that the inactive is less grayed, whatever color one chooses, with or without transparency.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 12:35:31 am »

Adjust the COLORIZATIONOPACITY:INT value at

Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top > Inactive

Until you get what you want
decibelle
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 07:04:24 pm »

I tried adjusting that value, but it has no impact at all. Any other ideas? I tried to add a COLORIZATIONCOLOR value like the active window has but it won't let me.

Edit: I did figure out what to do: you have to modify MaxActive and MaxInactive as well, and then it works.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 07:08:20 pm by decibelle » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: