Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: want to use MS Shell Dlg2 as font but not in menu  (Read 14948 times)
decibelle
Beginner

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2014, 11:43:37 pm »

When editing font values in Styles, I would like to be able to put MS Shell Dlg2, so that by changing that one font in the registry I can change all the fonts that have that value. But the way things are set up, it doesn't allow you to type in the name of the font; you have to choose from a menu that opens up when you click on the value. Is there a way to override this? If it's not possible in StyleBuilder, is there something that can be edited through other means?

Thanks,
Ellen
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 12:04:34 am »

Here's one way to quickly change all the fonts in your msstyles to the one you have in MS Shell Dlg:

http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1567.0

Then you can also search Font in Properties to make sure nothing was missed later if you want.
decibelle
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 05:02:15 pm »

I'd like to be able to use that method but for some reason I do not seem to have a String > Neutral in any of the .msstyles. I have String > 7, 8, and 32. That's all. String > 32 contains only seven lines – 501 to 507 – that refer to fonts (Segoe). What are my options? Could I simply add the string resource Neutral, if someone would post it here?

Revision: I opened the file in Restorator (first time was in resource hacker) and found that there it was listed differently, as String > Neutral, but the same problem: only 7 lines dealing with fonts. So what do I do?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 05:06:50 pm by decibelle » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 11:44:06 pm »

Change the fonts in those lines to whatever font you want them to be.

Those fonts in the 7 lines are the only ones in your msstyles. There are 7 used in default Aero.

If you want to just go into Edit Mode in Restorator (F6 or AB button in the toolbar), type or copy/paste the font you want between the quotation marks on each line, right-click and select "commit changes", and save. All the fonts in your msstyles will be changed to the ones you want.

(btw I highly recommend not messing with the fonts in MS Shell Dlg or MS Shell Dlg2 because Microsoft Sans Serif, for instance, is also used in glyphs etc.)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 12:45:32 am by 3am » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 12:21:23 am »

I don't think the FONT property accepts logical fonts like MS Shell Dlg or MS Shell Dlg 2, I could be wrong though. You can try just replacing Segoe UI in the string table with MS Shell Dlg by doing what 3am said in the post above me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: