Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Making the Flash Button more pronounced  (Read 7673 times)
serraios
Beginner

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2014, 02:21:47 am »

Hi,

I have been using a theme from deviantart I downloaded about a year ago. However, I need to have the flash button be more intense so it can catch my eye when I ve got a ton of windows open.

I downloaded style builder yesterday so I can do so, but even though I changed the flash button color, it doesn't make a difference. I suspect it's got something to do with the background image, but I am not sure.

Here are some pics to show what I mean.

This is how the flashing button looks on aero. As you can see it looks vibrant and set itself apart, although I do find the aero theme distracting overall.

And here how the same flashbutton image looks imported on the placebo theme. It looks subdued.

What should I do to make the flash button more vibrant?

Thanks
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 05:51:24 am »

It's brighter in Aero because the Taskbar background image there is translucent as well as the buttons so the animating light can shine through them both better.

You have to give your Taskbar background image some transparency not just the buttons. The darker and more solid it is the less light can get through.

Here's some maps of the Taskbar locations in 7 you'll need:

http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1437.0
serraios
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 09:44:10 pm »

Thanks, I managed to figure it out. You only need to change the open button.
JoCe-from-France
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 01:15:30 am »

Whoa
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: