Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Theme resource changer windows 8 rtm ot 8.1 rtm  (Read 10500 times)
Urko
Beginner

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2014, 11:15:23 pm »

So finally when replaced in shell32 with a an different images like 633 bitmap and 635 in system32 nothing is changed ... then i must to replace shell32 in syswow64 folder the background is changed but some drivers and apps is stopped working like srs premium sound HD control panel when i want to bring back the original old file i cant rename this i can not put back original file with take ownership is not possible another solutions for this thing? in windows 7 they have made theme resource changer when you create the folder like shell32.dll and you put your backgrounds like png formats but in windows 8 i cant find they always change something and then they stop to  update apps like that because every want ... windows 98  white background and black text and nothing like this stupid fu..er who made changer for win7 and not for windows 8
JoCe-from-France
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 01:27:02 am »

Hi man,

I think that the "stupid f***er" you talking about is the developper of WSB himself, said the owner of the forum...
assuming that you're making reference to "resource replacer / respy", I guess it has not originally been developped to be a universal, but only a non-released start orb button replacer, which has then kindly been brought to us in the useful mod we know.

Anyway, you should today search for "OldNewExplorer" on the forum, cause I think this is what's next concerning convenient resource replacememnt in W8&8.1.

Best regards,
Joce

edit : after having come back here & reading you again, I've understood that you're not saying that anyone is a *****, but that microsoft doesnt care about modding the look of the OS.... anyway, ----> OldNewExplorer, i think thats the point
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 04:19:50 am by JoCe-from-France » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 04:40:49 pm »

Theme resource changer/ResSpy doesn't work in 8 due to a change in Windows.
Urko
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 10:39:40 pm »

you dont anderstand man but.... have a nice day after all JoCe-from-France.... one day and you will have same piece of brain man ... another time i thing another time man
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 10:43:55 pm by Urko » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: