Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Applying 8.1 themes  (Read 7937 times)
idas
Beginner

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2013, 02:10:42 pm »

Some of themes i made can not be applied to my windows 8.1 system even if i use the same visual style to different Theme folders [just rename it]  Whoa

download link [please use ie to download] :  http://www.mediafire.com/download/167zshkh6dyp5x8/themes%20%20WIN%208.1.zip

my themes
x, z, e, Hellas easyacht x
  have the same visual style inside , based to a win 8.1 aero mstyle

from those only the named 'z' is applied to my pc (with a little bug of non appeared the left window shadow.

another one theme which is applied with no problem is
Hellas easyacht
and based to older win 8 realease preview aero mstyle, works ok to win 8, and has only the jumplist problem in win 8.1, and a border size one > perchaps needed  different content margin in  titlebar]> but my research here is about the apply of the visual style, not the bugs.

-------------

Please if you use them between the apply ,of 2 custom themes use aero for see the difference.
Because when apply for example the named 'x' theme , aero appeared !!!
if you applied the z first and then the named 'x' theme ,  the z appears [insted of x!] but with a darker titlebar color !!!

Complete mess  Huh?

Any idea please?

==========================

[(i changed/replaced the VSCache folder, or i took / add security properties if that was the problem but nothing succes happened unless i miss myself something)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 04:06:32 pm by idas » Logged
idas
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 04:27:15 pm »

ok again same problems:
applying a style, my system crashed, via system restore i restored my system.
again tried to re apply that file=visual style> i applied it with a different name to a different name theme folder and everything works ok.
i delete the mstyle to the first folder thinking that was some unknown reason[?] has corrupted it, then applying it again to the initial theme folder, system again crashed !

so i re made restore via system restore and again tried to re apply it without changing anything.
so this what it looks !!!  > to this rare case fortunately the none crash gave me the oportunity to take and share this screenshot
(my theme/visual style has not this dark gray titlebars ,etc it has the normal soft gray looking, this dark on picture is because of some unknown reason,>
also  my visual style is based to a win 8.1 visual style, not an older version, not 3rd party transparency programs like  aeroglas was used during the time that crash) :

The same visual style with the same shellstyle.dll etc to a different folder works all the time ok.
I looked if it was any security reason, ownership, etc
It was not
 both folders and files were looking similar [except the names], i have deleted/replacing the VsCache with a new one every time i applied the themes, so to be sure that it was not that that in any possible or fantasy reason 'hold' any kind of info inside it> nothing happened.

So what i did , as the visual style was ok [and i had saved to a safe folder in any case> crash etc], so i DELETE all the theme folder , then i remake it, so I made a new folder named with the name of the old theme, i add all the files that need inside the theme folder plus the visual style, i applied and IT WORKED !!!

MY RESULT: is for unknown reasons, in random(?) times, the system possible 'loads(?)' not 'applied' parameters which possible 'stored' with the location of the theme,>
  though the visual style works fine to different name themes> if that helps anyone having similar problem, deleting and remaking the theme folder.
================
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 05:03:06 pm by idas » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: