Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OldNewExplorer  (Read 57266 times)
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2013, 06:01:05 pm »

A new app you might want to test:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-make-your-81-explorer-work-like-win78-one/
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 11:01:15 pm »

This app is a must for any themer on windows 8, the possibilities are endless, having UI files loaded from the themes shellstyle gives you total freedom without the fear of breaking the fragile Windows 8 system files, each theme can have it's own unique set of UI files to make the theme behave in the way it was intended, this is something we need as well as the Resource Spy update so we can load icons and images as well with the themes, we will pretty much have a full theme system then, this tool can also customize the metro UI and he also made a tool that converts Binary UI files to xml that I have tried and he told me is tool powerful at the moment and needs to tame it a bit lol
drakkar1969
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 05:11:53 pm »

Wow! Awesome find ...
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 04:31:48 pm »

I've added a function to WSB that will help automate the process of overriding UIFILE resources with ONE. It'll automatically embed the resources into the Shellstyle for you.
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 07:17:32 pm »

I've added a function to WSB that will help automate the process of overriding UIFILE resources with ONE. It'll automatically embed the resources into the Shellstyle for you.

Nice work mate, will have a play with it later  Cheesy
Nittiyh
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 10:31:08 pm »

I'm not sure I totally get it, can someone explain to me roughly what it does? I feel noobish lol.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 10:34:48 pm »

I'm not sure I totally get it, can someone explain to me roughly what it does? I feel noobish lol.

It makes explorer look like it did in 7 and allows for customization a bit easier than it was previously.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 05:50:48 am »

Just in case anyone who is using this program doesn't know how to change the Control Panel top and side panels using Windows 7 shell32 UI files because you can't use the usual bitmaps. Here's how:

In this case I replaced the bitmaps with the image at Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > LargeCommandArea using the themeable dtb() function.

In UIFILE 23

Go to:

<stylesheets>
<style resid="NavPanelStyle">
<Element background="ARGB(0,0,0,0)"/>
<if id="atom(NavPanel)">
<Element background="themeable(graphic(633,4,0,0,0,0,0,library(shell32.dll)),window)" accessible="true" accName="CPNavPanel" accrole="pane"/>
</if>
<if id="atom(NavPanelWatermark)">
<Element content="themeable(graphic(632,2,255,200rp,542rp,0,0,library(shell32.dll)),'')" width="200rp"/>

And replace with:

<stylesheets>
<if id="atom(NavPanel)">
<Element background="themeable(dtb(CONTROLPANEL, 12, 0))" accessible="true" accName="CPNavPanel" accrole="pane"/>
</if>
<Element content="themeable(dtb(CONTROLPANEL, 12, 0))" width="200rp"/>

In UIFILE 24

Go to:

<stylesheets>
<style resid="CategoryPanelStyle">
<if class="MainContentPanel">
<Element background="themeable(dtb(ControlPanel,2,0), window)"/>
</if>
<if class="HomePageHeader">
<Element background="themeable(graphic(635,4,0,0,0,0,0,library(shell32.dll)),window)" contentalign="middlecenter"/>
</if>
<if class="HomePageWatermark">
<Element content="themeable(graphic(634,2,255,586rp,60rp,0,0,library(shell32.dll)),'')" height="60rp"/>

And replace with:

<stylesheets>
</if>
<if id="atom(HomePageHeader)">
<Element background="themeable(dtb(CONTROLPANEL, 12, 0))" contentalign="middlecenter"/>
</if>
<if id="atom(HomePageWatermark)">
<Element content="themeable(dtb(CONTROLPANEL, 12, 0))" height="60rp"/>
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 07:27:13 am by 3am » Logged
gsw953
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 02:55:00 pm »

I really like this app,I played around with it a little and was able to at a hover color
to the Explorer ItemsView,using Dave's tip here http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1635.0
and an ExplorerFrame UI file in the shellstlye.dll
Bongo
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 03:54:25 pm »

Just in case anyone who is using this program doesn't know how to change the Control Panel top and side panels using Windows 7 shell32 UI files because you can't use the usual bitmaps. Here's how:

In this case I replaced the bitmaps with the image at Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > LargeCommandArea using the themeable dtb() function.

In UIFILE 23

Go to:

<stylesheets>
<if id="atom(NavPanel)">
<Element background="themeable(graphic(633,4,0,0,0,0,0,library(shell32.dll)),window)" accessible="true" accName="CPNavPanel" accrole="pane"/>
</if>
<Element content="themeable(graphic(632,2,255,200rp,542rp,0,0,library(shell32.dll)),'')" width="200rp"/>

And replace with:

<stylesheets>
<if id="atom(NavPanel)">
<Element background="themeable(dtb(CONTROLPANEL, 12, 0))" accessible="true" accName="CPNavPanel" accrole="pane"/>
</if>
<Element content="themeable(dtb(CONTROLPANEL, 12, 0))" width="200rp"/>

In UIFILE 24

Go to:

<stylesheets>
</if>
<if class="HomePageHeader">
<Element background="themeable(graphic(635,4,0,0,0,0,0,library(shell32.dll)),window)" contentalign="middlecenter"/>
</if>
<if class="HomePageWatermark">
<Element content="themeable(graphic(634,2,255,586rp,60rp,0,0,library(shell32.dll)),'')" height="60rp"/>

And replace with:

<stylesheets>
</if>
<if id="atom(HomePageHeader)">
<Element background="themeable(dtb(CONTROLPANEL, 12, 0))" contentalign="middlecenter"/>
</if>
<if id="atom(HomePageWatermark)">
<Element content="themeable(dtb(CONTROLPANEL, 12, 0))" height="60rp"/>

Are these UIFILE  in the shell32.dll?

Thanks
Jerry
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 04:20:40 pm »

gsw953:

You can already do the textcolor states in ItemsView in default 8 and 8.1 Aero using:

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Details > Selected
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Details > Selected Property

So you don't need to do it in ExplorerFrame UIFILE 40960 any more

But you still have to add the textcolor states for Toolbars, Headers, & Rebar > Toolbars & Headers > Items View Header (ItemsView::Header) and Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ListView > GroupHeader (UIGroupHeader) in UIFILE 40960. And the CPLCommandModule states in the shellstyle.

bongo:

Yeah. UIFILES 23 and 24 in Windows 7 shell32.dll
Bongo
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 05:02:24 pm »

Thank you 3am
gsw953
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2013, 04:03:30 am »

gsw953:

You can already do the textcolor states in ItemsView in default 8 and 8.1 Aero using:

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Details > Selected Property

So you don't need to do it in ExplorerFrame UIFILE 40960 any more

But you still have to add the textcolor states for Toolbars, Headers, & Rebar > Toolbars & Headers > Items View Header (ItemsView::Header) and Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ListView > GroupHeader (UIGroupHeader) in UIFILE 40960. And the CPLCommandModule states in the shellstyle.

bongo:

Yeah. UIFILES 23 and 24 in Windows 7 shell32.dll
I knew you could do Selected but I could never get a Hot text color work
so I did most of the MouseFocused in the 40960 file to see what would happen.
Altough I forgot about Toolbars, Headers, & Rebar > Toolbars & Headers > Items View Header (ItemsView::Header)
so I will add that too.
Thanks
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2013, 05:22:37 am »

Yeah I just added foregrounds to this section in UIFILE 40960 and that took care of Toolbars, Headers, & Rebar > Toolbars & Headers > Items View Header > HeaderItem  states textcolors great:

<UIViewHeader background="themeable(dtb(ItemsView::Header, 0, 1), dfc(4, 0x0010))"/>
<UIColumnHeader minwidth="30rp" foreground="themeable(gtc(ItemsView::Header, 1, 0, 3803), windowtext)"/>
<if ColumnIndex="0">
<UIColumnHeader padding="rect(11rp,0,0,0)"/>
</if>
<if SortedBy="true">
<UIColumnHeader background="themeable(dtb(ItemsView::Header, 1, 4), dfc(4, 0x0010))"/>
<if EnableActivation="true">
<if mousewithin="true">
<UIColumnHeader background="themeable(dtb(ItemsView::Header, 1, 5), dfc(4, 0x0010 | 0x1000))" foreground="highlighttext"/>
</if>
<if keyfocused="true">
<UIColumnHeader background="themeable(dtb(ItemsView::Header, 1, 5), dfc(4, 0x0010 | 0x1000))" foreground="highlighttext"/>
</if>
<if selected="true">
</if>
<if pressed="true">
<UIColumnHeader background="themeable(dtb(ItemsView::Header, 1, 6), dfc(4, 0x0010 | 0x0200))" foreground="highlighttext"/>
</if>
</if>
</if>
<if SortedBy="false">
<UIColumnHeader background="themeable(dtb(ItemsView::Header, 1, 1), dfc(4, 0x0010))"/>
<if EnableActivation="true">
<if mousewithin="true">
<UIColumnHeader background="themeable(dtb(ItemsView::Header, 1, 2), dfc(4, 0x0010 | 0x1000))" foreground="highlighttext"/>
</if>
<if keyfocused="true">
<UIColumnHeader background="themeable(dtb(ItemsView::Header, 1, 2), dfc(4, 0x0010 | 0x1000))" foreground="highlighttext"/>
</if>
<if selected="true">
</if>
<if pressed="true">
<UIColumnHeader background="themeable(dtb(ItemsView::Header, 1, 3), dfc(4, 0x0010 | 0x0200))" foreground="highlighttext"/>

When I changed the textcolors at  

That changed the textcolors for the hot state of Items View text just fine for me. Don't know why they didn't work for you.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 05:27:13 am by 3am » Logged
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2013, 05:30:46 am »

Are these UIFILE  in the shell32.dll?

Thanks
Jerry

Thought you may like the UI files from Windows 8.1 instead, they have been converted from Binary to text with a tool I got from Tihiy called duib2xml.exe but I am not allowed to give this to anyone, if you guys want it then you will have to ask him about it yourselves, I think this tool may be too powerful in the wrong hands though so he might say no.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2013, 05:38:17 am »

Yeah I'd like to get a hold of that tool. Far as I know only you and Panda have it Sad
Bongo
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 01:37:19 pm »

Thought you may like the UI files from Windows 8.1 instead, they have been converted from Binary to text with a tool I got from Tihiy called duib2xml.exe but I am not allowed to give this to anyone, if you guys want it then you will have to ask him about it yourselves, I think this tool may be too powerful in the wrong hands though so he might say no.
Thanks Mark will try them out.

Jerry
Bongo
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 05:51:54 pm »

Thanks Mark will try them out.

Jerry
I tried to try them but I have not been successful in changing the shell32.dll in Windows 8.1(one time changing the .bmp images and now just trying with Mark's files above), I've tried taking ownership and giving permission renaming the old one coping in the new one and when I go to restart it won't start it goes into a repair mode, I've even tried changing the system files using a different partition using Windows 7 and I get the same thing.

Has anybody successfully changed the shell32.dll in Windows 8.1?

Thanks
Jerry
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 11:03:59 pm »

Are you not using OldNewExplorer?
Bongo
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 01:12:41 am »

Are you not using OldNewExplorer?
I have it installed and using it for removing the ribbon, is there a way to use it for the control panel top and left panel?

Thanks
Jerry
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2013, 02:51:08 pm »

First you have to edit UIFILES 23 and 24 in either 7 or 8 shell32 ( it doesn't matter which) so they point to images in your msstyles instead of the usual bitmap graphics. You can do this in three ways:

1) Like I showed you where I made them point to the image at Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > LargeCommandArea (or ControlPanel, 12, 0). You can point to a different image at each location. I just did one for a simple example.

2) Or have them point to images you put in empty parts of your msstyles

3) Or edit the ClassMaps.xml in WSB with new parts, states and names in your msstyles where you place images

(for example here's some Grim did: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/63105-Custom-Class-Maps-for-WSB-1-5-5-6

Once you have the UIFILES edited you have to add a new Resource to your 8.1 shellstyle.dll named SHELL32_UIFILE and put your UIFILES in it so that OldNewExplorer can reference them.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 02:56:56 pm by 3am » Logged
Bongo
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2013, 07:56:50 pm »

First you have to edit UIFILES 23 and 24 in either 7 or 8 shell32 ( it doesn't matter which) so they point to images in your msstyles instead of the usual bitmap graphics. You can do this in three ways:

1) Like I showed you where I made them point to the image at Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > LargeCommandArea (or ControlPanel, 12, 0). You can point to a different image at each location. I just did one for a simple example.

2) Or have them point to images you put in empty parts of your msstyles

3) Or edit the ClassMaps.xml in WSB with new parts, states and names in your msstyles where you place images

(for example here's some Grim did: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/63105-Custom-Class-Maps-for-WSB-1-5-5-6

Once you have the UIFILES edited you have to add a new Resource to your 8.1 shellstyle.dll named SHELL32_UIFILE and put your UIFILES in it so that OldNewExplorer can reference them.

Please bear with me I'm not quite understanding this.
I have edited the shell32.dll in both System32 and SysWOW64 folders (this is in Windows 8.1) using the Mark's UIFILES  files from above, the problem is after I have change them(by going through  Windows 7 and access Windows 8.1 partition and change them) and tried to start it goes into a repair loop and I have to either use system restore or go in from my Windows 7 and access Windows 8.1 partition and change them back and then it will start.
So am I supposed to be editing the shell32.dll in both System32 and SysWOW64 folders? I think I understand how to add the SHELL32_UIFILE to the shellstyle.dll in the theme folder.

Thanks
Jerry

Jerry
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2013, 10:35:49 pm »

Just System32.

Personally I would edit and use the ones from Windows 7. That way you can check in 7 with Resource Spy to make sure your edits are correct before adding them to 8.1

« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 10:39:17 pm by 3am » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2013, 11:25:34 pm »

If you're using ONE you don't need to go around editing system files. http://screencast.com/t/JPY4eEF4q
ezio84
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2013, 12:48:27 pm »

Hi guys!
My two themes, Abisso and Gray8mod on deviantart, have a white left column in the control panel and other windows:

Is there a way to make them black/gray with the last version of WSB, without using ONE?
Or, with ONE, how to do the magic?

I read other posts in this thread but i'm totally noob about classes & co Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 01:02:50 pm by ezio84 » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2013, 02:39:56 pm »

Read the thread again.

1) For the side panel you got to edit UIFILE 23 in Shell32.dll (UIFILE 24 is for the top panel). You can use either the one from 7 or the translated one from 8.1 that Grim attached to his post. You have to edit it so that instead of using the usual bitmap graphics like it does in 7 it uses images in your msstyles instead. I described how in an earlier post.

2) Follow the procedures in Panda's video while doing this

You can't do it unless you use ONE.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 02:48:08 pm by 3am » Logged
ezio84
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2013, 04:37:09 pm »

Ok, after reading better the thread (thank you all) i'm now able to create a modded shellstyle with wsb (with edited uifile strings inside).
But  <stylesheets> in the translated uifile23 by Grim is different from the win7 one in your post, how to edit it to load "CONTROLPANEL, 12, 0" as described by you?

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 04:44:30 pm by ezio84 » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2013, 04:45:30 pm »

<stylesheets>
      <element background="20447" />
      <if id="atom(NavPanel)">
        <element background="valueWithHighContrastFallback(graphic(633,4,0,0,0,0,0,library(shell32.dll)),window)" accessible="true" accname="CPNavPanel" accrole="pane" />

You see that 633? That's the bitmap reference
ezio84
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2013, 04:50:46 pm »

So how can i point it to the bitmap in:
 "Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > LargeCommandArea "?
Thanks and sorry for these questions but it's really hard for me, totally noob about it.

EDIT: or just:
(graphic(633,4,0,0,0,0,0,library(shell32.dll)),window)
to
(dtb(CONTROLPANEL, 12, 0))
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 04:54:59 pm by ezio84 » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2013, 05:12:35 pm »

try this:    <element background="valueWithHighContrastFallback(themeable(dtb(CONTROLPANEL, 12, 0)), window)"
ezio84
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2013, 06:33:04 pm »

No luck.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2013, 10:45:46 pm »

Ok so it looks like modified UIFILES from shell32 in 8.1 don't work. Must be why I never see anyone using them.

Then edit the ones from shell32 in 7 and use them instead, as I said you could, like everybody else:

http://mrgrim01.deviantart.com/art/Aero-Glow-8-1-415317318

http://gsw953onda.deviantart.com/art/Gray8-1-415639592

Follow their example.

I was just trying to point out the basic idea.
ezio84
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2013, 09:04:34 am »

Yes, it's probably the best way.
Thanks a lot!
winprobie
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2014, 07:05:15 pm »

How to edit the Explorer Navigation bar Backgroundcolor in OldNewExplorer?
tistou77
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2014, 12:55:21 am »

Hello

Is it possible to separate the "Hard Disk Drive" and "Device With Removable Storage" without using this app?
Modify oneself a .dll or other file

I searched but I did not find this file

Thanks for your help
Dave Senior
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Why Windows 10 ? > 7 8 9 ??

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2014, 03:37:15 pm »

If you're using ONE you don't need to go around editing system files. http://screencast.com/t/JPY4eEF4q

Thanks for the video,now I get it,I think,kind of .Neat !  Tongue
Rissol
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2017, 02:09:17 pm »

Hello all,

Is possible to add several diferent states to items header text color in windows 10 ?
Thank you.
Rissol
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2017, 02:09:52 pm »

Hello all,

Is possible to add several diferent states to items header text color in windows 10 ?
Thank you.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2017, 04:04:52 pm »

https://www.vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg11462#msg11462
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 09:13:56 pm by 3am » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: