Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 Questions  (Read 18349 times)
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2010, 07:06:13 pm »

I've been looking everywhere for these 3 locations with no luck. Anybody tell me where they are?

1) The PhotoViewer toolbar. Background,text, arrow. Not in PhotoViewer.dll.

2) Skin Chooser screen in WMP12. All of it. Not in wmploc.dll.

3) The screen you get when you click "View and print detailed performance and system information" on Performance Information and Tools. All of it. Not in PerfCenterCPL.dll or WinSATAPI.dll except for the blue graphic behind the score which is in WinSATAPI.dll.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 07:12:58 pm by 3am » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 07:20:12 pm »

I'm getting really frustrated here. I've spent days trying to find this stuff and getting absolutely nowhere Angry

I'd be grateful for any ideas however vague or hypothetical! Anything!

1) So it's not in PhotoViewer.dll. The background is in msstyles so why isn't the damned toolbar?

2) This is an entire screen in WMP12...so why the fuck isn't it in wmploc.dll? I don't get it.

3) This is an entire screen which is nowhere! The blue graphic is in WinSATAPI.dll so why isn't the rest of it? Makes no sense.

So any suggestions please! I'll happily track down any ideas anybody can give me Smiley
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 06:24:00 pm »

i understand that you're getting kind of frustrated because no one replies..

but you are the one here in this forum, who is as deep in system-resources as no one else..

most modify msstyle, some explorerframe and some less maybe shell32..

we learn a lot from you and are very thankful, but you are already at some place where we all will never come :-)

3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 01:34:43 am »

Bump...again.

And I'll keep bumping hoping somebody will discover something.

It's been 4 months and I still haven't found these.

Today I went and changed every PNG in PhotoViewer.dll just in case I missed something before. The only thing that changed in the toolbar was the help button.

I don't get it. When I use PhotoViewer the only files that are used are PhotoViewer.dll, gdiplus.dll and user32.dll. But the toolbar is nowhere in any of them...

Has anyone seen the locations of these 3 questions yet. Does anyone have some helpful suggestions?
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 02:30:41 am »

Bump...again.

And I'll keep bumping hoping somebody will discover something.

It's been 4 months and I still haven't found these.

Today I went and changed every PNG in PhotoViewer.dll just in case I missed something before. The only thing that changed in the toolbar was the help button.

I don't get it. When I use PhotoViewer the only files that are used are PhotoViewer.dll, gdiplus.dll and user32.dll. But the toolbar is nowhere in any of them...

Has anyone seen the locations of these 3 questions yet. Does anyone have some helpful suggestions?

Not all images in everything are in the resources section of the file so they could be inaccessible.
jeffrey
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 11:31:59 pm »

rip, 4 years later anyone find it?
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 11:39:06 pm »

Nope Sad

1 and 2 are still mysteries

3 is here http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1583.0
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 12:18:56 am by 3am » Logged
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 01:19:39 am »

The good news is that Windows 8.1 doesn't have the WEI any more so no need to worry about it any more.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 01:27:56 am »

Good riddance. Useless junk anyway
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: