Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: windows style builder running windows 7 64 bit error  (Read 32116 times)
gondudy
Beginner

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2013, 11:47:17 pm »

hi guys jus wondering if anyone got a solution to this problem
http://youtu.be/dxGM-LEmLzA
seems when i load up a theme and change some stuff then goto save the theme this error pops up
only way around it i noticed is use unlocker to unlock the file then i can save the theme file
but when i goto change the theme between other themes it resets the theme back to normal
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 12:14:13 am »

If you open up Resource Monitor under the CPU tab, in the associated handles search box, search that theme's name, is there something using it?
gondudy
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 12:26:31 am »

hi panda want to try team viewer bro so u can check yur self i tried looking for wat u said couldnt find it
when i was using windows 7 32 bit with np jus now after the reformat to 64 bit alot of problems occur
339 956 511
password
skype name is xxpakaxx if u want to message me if u have time
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 12:38:11 am by gondudy » Logged
gondudy
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 01:34:46 am »

i notice after i switch to a different theme then try to delete one of the ones i had on previously a error pops up saying i can delete it saying explorer.exe
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 01:19:44 pm »

Have you tried rebooting or restarting explorer? Explorer shouldn't be locking the files.
gondudy
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 08:55:43 am »

sorrie panad still same prob so i switched back to 32 bit windows 7 profesional now only problem  i get is itll stay on for like 5 minutes then jus refuse to save the theme .
so to fix that i jus quit it without saving then redo all the stuff i did n try to save it fast as posible .
i already used < theme resource changer  ,  UniversalThemePatcher-x86 > thats all i really need right to use windows style builder right
if there are other add on can  u plz post them somewhere
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:59:39 am by gondudy » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 10:23:18 pm »

I don't know what theme resource changer is, but some program has locked the file and is preventing anything from writing to it. It isn't a bug, that error message is the same as this one in Windows:

Theme resource changer, whatever it is, if it's opening the msstyles then it could be locking it preventing other programs from writing to it.

For example if I open a theme (eg, X:\Desktop\New Folder\Aero.msstyles) in Restorator, it'll lock the file so other programs can't write to it:

So if I try to save my theme as X:\Desktop\New Folder\Aero.msstyles it'll give me that error.

If you can find out what program is locking it and stop it then it'll work just fine. Otherwise you can try http://www.filehippo.com/download_unlocker/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: