Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Explorer unable to load  (Read 10143 times)
xXiNightXx
Dedicated Themer

Theme Designer since 2009

View Profile WWW
« on: September 24, 2013, 03:29:12 am »

On the 1.5.5.5 Version. Testing a theme and then opening a folder shows a blank explorer window. No matter if its a brand new theme or one already created. They all output the same issue.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 04:11:22 am »

Is this where you get a blank white Explorer with a constant busy cursor that you can't close? And when you restart Explorer you get Explorer back but you still have the blank one that you can't close?

I've had that a couple of times and the only way out is to reboot.

Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 05:18:14 pm »

Is the shellstyle in the folder you opened the theme in for the OS you're testing in? The only difference in testing in the beta is that it copies the shell folder from the directory you loaded the theme in to the testing directory instead of Aero's shell folder.
xXiNightXx
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 07:05:34 pm »

Its the same shell from the aero folder. Its really bazaar that it does this. I never had this issue before.
xXiNightXx
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 08:38:00 am »

Is the shellstyle in the folder you opened the theme in for the OS you're testing in? The only difference in testing in the beta is that it copies the shell folder from the directory you loaded the theme in to the testing directory instead of Aero's shell folder.

EDIT:
I cleaned the C:\ProgramData\Windows Style Builder\Testing folder and rebooted. It seemed to fix the issue. No clue how it happend though.

Here is whats happening when testing with many themes in different locations. All produce the same error. Keep in mind that the Aero default theme is untouched. I only started having this issue a few builds back.

http://youtu.be/qrTfzhxfgA0
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 09:05:09 am by xXiNightXx » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: