Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding additional items to location tree?  (Read 6816 times)
deadhed
Beginner

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2013, 11:37:14 am »

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm not sure what search term to use for this.

I'm modding a visual style using properties from another visual style (so I can have the best features of both for my personal taste.)

I've noticed that some of the locations have additional locations within its branch e.g.:

On the left Tab>TabItem has one item but on the right TabItem contains an additional 2 items (not sure what the correct name for this is) <2> & <3>.

I cannot find a way to add additional items to the tree any ideas?

Also while I'm here could someone point me in the right direction on how to create .theme files from .msstyles?

Thanks
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 11:58:38 am »

There's no easy way to add extra items to the tree but the only way would be to modify the XML that the tree reads from in \Data\{os}\ClassMap.xml

Example: http://i.cubeupload.com/fExc58.png

Also you can try the latest Beta builds in the Public Beta forum which has updated XMLs where TabItem for example is properly filled out.

-

To create a theme file, the easiest way is to copy C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero.theme and edit it in Notepad. Just change the Path attribute under [VisualStyles].
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 12:00:37 pm by Panda X » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: