Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fixed DPI size for caption buttons  (Read 9027 times)
Locutus2002
Beginner

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2013, 06:33:01 pm »

Hi again,

I continued playing around with some themes and found one (xXiNightXx's Aero8) that uses a fixed DPI size for the caption buttons, i.e. 192dpi caption buttons are used, regardless of my display settings. How is this done and how can such a behaviour be deactivated?
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 11:22:18 pm »

Hi again,

I continued playing around with some themes and found one (xXiNightXx's Aero8) that uses a fixed DPI size for the caption buttons, i.e. 192dpi caption buttons are used, regardless of my display settings. How is this done and how can such a behaviour be deactivated?

He used the same images (96DPI ones) at all his caption button glyph DPIs because he couldn't get the glows right on higher DPI glyphs. Putting the glow on the glyphs is how he got glow on his caption buttons in 8.

For instance at Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Controls > Captions > Window > Close Button > Close Glyph > 96dpi, 120dpi, 140dpi and 192 dpi he has this same 96dpi image

You can change this by importing your own higher DPI Glyph images with your own glow added. Maybe you can get it to work

« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 11:27:15 pm by 3am » Logged
Locutus2002
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 09:19:20 am »

Thanks for the explanation. Following your instructions, I tried importing my own glyphs. Since the 100% (96dpi) glyphs are too small for my TV, I used W8's display settings and set 150% (144dpi). But importing a new 144dpi glyph changed nothing. Even importing new 96dpi and 120dpi glyphs had no effect. But when changing the 192dpi glyphs, it finally worked. So, it seems that this theme is somehow fixed at 192dpi, regardless of the actual display settings.

Now, I wonder how this is achieved.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 12:20:14 pm »

Thanks for the explanation. Following your instructions, I tried importing my own glyphs. Since the 100% (96dpi) glyphs are too small for my TV, I used W8's display settings and set 150% (144dpi). But importing a new 144dpi glyph changed nothing. Even importing new 96dpi and 120dpi glyphs had no effect. But when changing the 192dpi glyphs, it finally worked. So, it seems that this theme is somehow fixed at 192dpi, regardless of the actual display settings.

Now, I wonder how this is achieved.

The only other things that differ between his theme and default Aero ( except the glyphs) about the caption buttons that I can see are:

1) He imported Win 7 caption button images
2) He changed the content margins values on the button images so that the glyph glows would fit correctly in them and also the sizing margins values on the close button

Take a look at this post: http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=50.msg197#msg197

Using large negative values for the bottom values of the content margins of his caption buttons ( such as -9 on the close button) forces the 192dpi glyph to be used. So there's your answer Smiley

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:21:00 pm by 3am » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: