Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Visual Style on menu not applied  (Read 16882 times)
Rommel
Beginner

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2013, 12:55:31 pm »

Hi,

I am having a strange issue related to menus and other controls. I have set a highlight color for menus and other controls under the setting
Fonts, Colors & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics  - HIGHLIGHT:COLOR and MENUHILIGHT:COLOR.

I have a .theme file which has the following content
[VisualStyles]
Path=%SystemRoot%\resources\Themes\MLCL2013\MLCL2013.msstyles
ColorStyle=NormalColor
Size=@themeui.dll,-2019
Transparency=0

The problem is when i install the above theme file, the highlight color works only for the Menu bar and menu items. But does not work for any other controls.

However if I change the .theme file contents to below, other then menu highlight color, rest all controls work fine. The same happens even if I try to apply the theme using Windows Style builder.
[VisualStyles]
Path=%SystemRoot%\resources\Themes\MLCL2013\MLCL2013.msstyles
ColorStyle=NormalColor
Size=NormalSize
Transparency=0

It seems to me that the "Size=NormalSize" in the .theme file is the issue. Need help in resolving this issue.

Thanks,
Rommel     
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 02:36:53 pm »

Size=@themeui.dll,-2019 is an invalid value for the Size property. Could you show us a screenshot of the problem?
Rommel
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 12:35:40 pm »

Hi Panda,

I have attached a zip containing the screenshots(Menu.jpg and OtherControls.jpg). I have taken screenshots of a sample MFC application and the test dialog that appears in the Style Builder for testing. Also I have attached the .theme file in case you want to have a look.

If I try to install the msstyle by double clicking the .theme file, only the menu works and the rest of the controls dont work. However if I try to install the msstyle through the Style Builder, other than menu button, rest all controls(checkbox, radiobutton, pushbutton etc) work.

I also tried modifying a copy of the aero.msstyles with the Style Builder to see if I can somehow set the highlight color of the menu and menu items to light green. However I was unable to change the menu highlight color.

Request your help.

Thanks,
Rommel
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 12:53:20 pm »

Hi Panda,

I have attached a zip containing the screenshots(Menu.jpg and OtherControls.jpg). I have taken screenshots of a sample MFC application and the test dialog that appears in the Style Builder for testing. Also I have attached the .theme file in case you want to have a look.

If I try to install the msstyle by double clicking the .theme file, only the menu works and the rest of the controls dont work. However if I try to install the msstyle through the Style Builder, other than menu button, rest all controls(checkbox, radiobutton, pushbutton etc) work.

I also tried modifying a copy of the aero.msstyles with the Style Builder to see if I can somehow set the highlight color of the menu and menu items to light green. However I was unable to change the menu highlight color.

Request your help.

Thanks,
Rommel

1) Where did you get this theme file template? I have attached a correctly modded aero.theme file for you. Try it
2) Green highlight is Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Menu > PopUpItem > Hot
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 03:46:30 pm by 3am » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 10:25:10 pm »

Those colors in the .theme file are for Classic themes.

If you edit the image of the msstyles at Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Menu > PopUpItem > Hot as 3 said it'll work fine.

Rommel
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 01:30:29 pm »

Thanks for the help Panda and 3.

I was able to change the highlight color for the menu items.

However I am still having a problem with the theme file. I even tried with the theme file provided by 3. When I double click the .theme file, like before, the controls like radiobutton, push buttons etc do not work. I see the title bar of the window in a different format. However if I install the .theme through the Windows Style Builder, it gets applied properly. And after that if I try with the .theme file, it works fine. Not sure why this is happening. Am I missing something?
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 02:14:05 pm »

So that .theme file I sent you works only after you have applied your msstyles with WSB?

Attach or PM your msstyles so we can look at it
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 03:11:29 pm »

What uxtheme patcher are you using? When I try to apply a .theme through the control panel I get that classic theme issue when using AveStyler or UxStyle.
Rommel
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 03:38:52 pm »

I am not using any uxtheme patcher. Do I need to install a uxtheme patcher like AveStyler or UxStyle?
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 03:44:16 pm »

Yes
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 03:50:53 pm »

AveStyler is no longer avail so you'll need to get UxStyle http://uxstyle.com/ or Universal Theme Patcher http://deepxw.blogspot.com/2008/11/universal-theme-patcher.html

The theme patcher included in WSB is there only for testing.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 03:52:28 pm »

For some reason VistaGlazz is the only thing that works for me on 7 though I use uxstyle on 8
Rommel
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2013, 06:33:11 pm »

Thanks for the help. After installing UXStyle or VistaGlazz, the theme gets applied. However if I uninstall the UXstyle after deploying the theme and restart the system, the earlier applied theme is lost. Is it mandatory that the UXStyle application needs to be present on the system all the time? Is there any other way to retain the theme after restart without having to keep UxStyle or VistaGlazz installed on the system?
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 06:47:49 pm »

No they have to be there. UxStyle is just a service in the background. It takes almost no resources so it won't slow your system down or anything.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: