Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Visual Style on button not applied  (Read 8967 times)
Rommel
Beginner

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2013, 02:03:17 pm »

I have created a new Visual Style which modifies the look of the PushButton and Checkbox. The problem I am facing is, these changes are not seen in the Application I am working on. However if I create a sample MFC application with Buttons and Checkboxes, it works fine.

Need help in resolving this issue. I have done the changes for PushButton and Checkbox in "Buttons, Boxes & Controls > PushButton/Checkbox". Do I need to do the changes at some other places too?

Thanks,
Rommel
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 02:32:51 pm »

I have created a new Visual Style which modifies the look of the PushButton and Checkbox. The problem I am facing is, these changes are not seen in the Application I am working on. However if I create a sample MFC application with Buttons and Checkboxes, it works fine.

Need help in resolving this issue. I have done the changes for PushButton and Checkbox in "Buttons, Boxes & Controls > PushButton/Checkbox". Do I need to do the changes at some other places too?

Thanks,
Rommel

I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

If you are building an app in Visual Studio you have to put in your own buttons and boxes in the app UI. Make them so that they look like the ones in your Visual Style. Or create code that makes your app GUI follow what is in whatever visual style is installed. It won't happen automatically. It is all in how you construct and code the app itself

Unless I'm missing the point
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 03:33:37 pm by 3am » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 03:36:08 pm »

Is the application you're working on a WPF application?
Rommel
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 11:50:18 am »

The application I am working on is MFC application. One thing I noticed is that the themes are not applied on buttons which are created dynamically during run time.
Is there any difference in the way the buttons created dynamically or static in the application?
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 02:22:59 pm »

Maybe this'll help: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/4987/Using-Windows-XP-Styles-in-your-MFC-WIN32-Applicat
Rommel
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 01:15:46 pm »

Thanks for the help Panda. The issue is due to the manifest file that you pointed in the link.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: