Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Text glow for ribbon windows  (Read 12866 times)
Locutus2002
Beginner

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2013, 01:44:04 pm »

Hello,

I'm a total WSB beginner. Right now, I'm just playing around with existing visual styles and try to customize them to my needs. I noticed that the window titles of some of these styles do not have text glow. So, I tried to implement it myself. I was successful for normal windows, but it did not work for windows that use ribbons, like the Explorer, Paint, Office 2010 and others. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your help!
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 03:05:50 pm »

Hello,

I'm a total WSB beginner. Right now, I'm just playing around with existing visual styles and try to customize them to my needs. I noticed that the window titles of some of these styles do not have text glow. So, I tried to implement it myself. I was successful for normal windows, but it did not work for windows that use ribbons, like the Explorer, Paint, Office 2010 and others. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Are you talking about 7 or 8?

In 8 default Aero there isn't any titlebar text glow.

In 7 you can remove ribbon titlebar text glow doing this: http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1929.msg10937#new

But in 7 there is no explorer ribbon. So I'm not sure what you are asking..
Locutus2002
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 03:21:20 pm »

Are you talking about 7 or 8?

In 8 default Aero there isn't any titlebar text glow.

In 7 you can remove ribbon titlebar text glow doing this: http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1929.msg10937#new

But in 7 there is no explorer ribbon. So I'm not sure what you are asking..

Since this is the "Windows 8 - Help" area, I thought it was clear that I am talking about W8. I also thought that I made myself clear. Sorry for causing misunderstandings.

I know that there is no titlebar text glow in 8's standard theme. So, I downloaded lots of others from deviantArt and wanted to add this text glow to one of them (as I stated in my original post). But, as I said, it did not work for windows with ribbons.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 03:22:55 pm by Locutus2002 » Logged
Dave Senior
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Why Windows 10 ? > 7 8 9 ??

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 04:41:17 pm »

Titlebar text (also gadget window in 7)
Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics > Colors (Globals) > Glowintensity:int  : Increase the number  ,try 300 to start
Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics > Colors (Globals) > Glowcolor:color
Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > Window > textglowsize:int :Increase the number,try 5

Explorer Titlebar text (with explorer ribbon disabled,vsb in non ribbon mode and others )
Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Details > Glows > Text >  edit the image

Edit:added picture
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:28:09 pm by Dave Senior » Logged
Locutus2002
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 06:19:58 pm »

Thanks a lot! That helped!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: