Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Strange White line at left top on borders
Strange White line - 0 (0%)
wsb bug ? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possibly wsb bug  (Read 13021 times)
Nighthawk-f22
Beginner

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2013, 09:36:01 pm »

Hi PandaX
I have discovered a strange white line at the left top on windows borders.
I cannot see it on the default aero.msstyle.
However as soon as I convert (only create a new msstyle file, nothing else made to the default theme) the default aero.msstyle, a thin white line appears on the left top of the windows border,
It is very hard to see. and you may need to use this blue wallpaper in the zip file.
Also a .png file is attached+ aero wbs bug.msstyle. This is the original aero.msstyle, only run/converted by wsb.
I am using the latest version of wsb.

Best regards
Torben Svendsen
Denmark
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 09:38:41 pm by Nighthawk-f22 » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 10:36:42 pm »

I don't see what you're talking about. There's no white line when I test and not even in your screenshot.
Nighthawk-f22
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 11:05:34 pm »

Hi PandaX

Try the theme, and move the window from side to side.
The thin white line in only 2-3 pixel wide.
It only appears a thin lighter line/ bright glow that goes from the top on the left side of the border and up.
You may need to use the blue wallpaper to see it.
Regards Torben
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 11:10:38 pm by Nighthawk-f22 » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 11:11:50 pm »

I still don't see it.
Nighthawk-f22
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 11:21:29 pm »

The thin lighter line/ bright glow has the same wide as the left black window border. follow the left black border and look inside the red.
I can easily see it when I move the window border from side to side, if I use the blue wallpaper
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 11:46:56 pm by Nighthawk-f22 » Logged
Nighthawk-f22
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 07:40:48 am »

Hi again PandaX
I really hope you or perhaps someone else can see and confirm, that there is a lighter line/ bright glow on the left top, going up above the window with the same wide as the left black window border.

From 1986 to 2004 I was working with Autocad and Cadigraph (CAD CAM) and I made a program (running from the old DOS window) we called Nesting.
My company needed a program that could place as many letters/signs/symbols as possibly within a given area. So perhaps you can try to make the main png (Stream file 986) a little bit bigger/larger. so there is more space/pixels between/around all the symbols.

Regards
Torben
Nighthawk-f22
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 09:11:39 am »

Hi again PandaX
Ok, after some more intense test with the default aero.msstyle theme, I can see this white glow line too.
So this appears to be a bug with windows 8 and not wsb.
It is only visibly on some backgrounds/wallpapers and if you move the Color intensity all the way to the right + the Brightness all the way to the left.
I apologize for this misconception, and hope MS will fix it with windows 8.1 later this year.

Regards Torben
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: