Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Black screen or no theme when attempting trivial msstyles mod  (Read 50080 times)
twistedfury
Beginner

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2013, 02:00:27 pm »

Hi,

I've just bought WSB in order to change a few background colours in Windows 8 explorer that Microsoft deem I shouldn't be able to.  So I've run UxTheme Patch, and I'm able to test my theme successfully from WSB1545B, however the explorer colours are not changed if I activate the newly installed theme.  I did manage once to get it to work by installing the .msstyles into C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero, however that just gets me a black screen problem now.  I also get a black screen if I accept the offer to apply the theme now from WSB.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Tim
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 02:22:58 pm by twistedfury » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 02:30:59 pm »

Never mind Huh?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 03:50:17 pm by 3am » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 08:55:44 pm »

Never save a theme in the C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero folder, that should be for Aero only.

Since WSB cleans out any locale folders you probably messed up the default aero. Restore it with the aero folder attached.

If you want to save in the \Themes\ folder make sure it's C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\mythemename\mythemename.msstyles
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: